- Selectively stains F-actin
- Outstanding fluorescence performance
- Excitation/Emission: 591/608 nm
- Superior to antibody staining
- Optimal for fixed and permeabilized samples
Get Superior Results in Actin Staining Studies
Phalloidin is a bicyclic peptide belonging to a family of toxins isolated from the deadly Amanita phalloides "death cap" mushroom and is commonly used in imaging applications to selectively label F-actin. Fluorescently-labeled phalloidin has virtually identical binding properties with actin from different species including plants and animals. Phalloidin binds F-actin with high selectivity while Texas Red®-X provides red fluorescence with superior brightness. Demonstrating very little nonspecific staining, Texas Red®-X phalloidin allows high-contrast discrimination of actin staining.
Use in Multiple Applications
Texas Red®-X phalloidin can be used to visualize and quantitate F-actin in tissue sections, cell cultures, or cell-free preparations. Texas Red®-X phalloidin staining is fully compatible with other fluorescent stains used in cellular analyses including fluorescent proteins, Qdot® nanocrystals, and Alexa Fluor® conjugates including secondary antibodies.
For research use only. Not intended for human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use.
- Read about labeling F-Actin with phallotoxins.
- Create a Cellular Masterpiece with Alexa Fluor® Phalloidin using the Cell Paint Tool.