This is a 1-year Advanced Support Agreement for a workgroup license serving up to 5 users of Vector NTI® Express Designer. Our Advanced Support Agreement includes unlimited license support (e.g., re-registration or transfer of a license), telephone and e-mail technical support, and access to all updates and upgrades during the period of the agreement. Without an Advanced Support Agreement you will receive one courtesy license support engagement, e-mail-only technical support, and no updates or upgrades (upgrade licenses can be purchased separately as needed).
Vector NTI® Express Designer takes you beyond traditional sequence analysis and design and into the new frontier of rational bio-design. Vector NTI® Express Designer was designed for synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, genetic engineering, and molecular biology professionals who want to rationally design, characterize, assemble, re-factor, and reuse genetic "parts," "devices," and "circuits"—ultimately to standardize, automate, and optimize genetic components for use with a broad range of assembly techniques and hosts.
Compared to traditional sequence analysis and design, Vector NTI® Express Designer allows you to:
• Construct custom vectors faster
• Build complex constructs (circuits) more easily
• Perform sequence optimization & dispatch DNA synthesis services more efficiently
• Generate variants from template DNA parts, devices, and circuits more effectively
Vector NTI® Express Designer enables reliable reuse of parts in the context of a family of validated parts.Simply begin with the end in mind and work back from the desired results:
• Use existing parts (validated & non-validated from public and private parts repositories)
• Design new parts from any DNA sequence
• Characterize parts (use experimental techniques to profile part performance in a range of contexts)
• Build a "device" from one or more parts, and build a "circuit" from one or more devices
• Create relationships between parts, devices, and circuits (e.g., have one part/device/circuit activate or repress another)
• Manage your parts, devices, and circuits in the Database Explorer and Designer modules
This new, rational design methodology facilitates your ability to manage complex, multi-gene to multi-protein experimental designs, to visualize interactions within your host systems, and to optimize those designs informed by experimental results. This approach enables reuse of validated designs for further experimentation and more efficient improvement of challenging designs.
Real World Applications (Bio-design Workflows):
• Experimental design: development, validation, refactoring, and reuse of new and existing genetic components and associated assays as part of a study design and validation process
• Next gen cloning & assembly: comparison of multiple cloning and assembly approaches in silico for identification of optimal approaches to assemble clones and identification of experimental issues before performing experiments at the bench
• Gene optimization & synthesis: use best practices in sequence optimization and gene synthesis to optimize expression
• Bioinformatics: integration of sequence design and analysis tools empowers users to easily translate biological knowledge into experimental design
Vector NTI® Express Designer is built on a the Vector NTI® Sequence Analysis and Design platform, and so inherits many of the applications associated with that platform, including: sequence analysis and design, annotation, and illustration; molecular biology data management; open reading frame and restriction enzyme analysis and mapping; primer design; recombinant molecule design, including Gateway® and TOPO® cloning; and GeneArt® seamless cloning & high-order assembly and in silico gene synthesis.
Built on trusted Vector NTI® tools, Vector NTI® Express Designer enables rational bio-design on the most popular computing architectures, including native Mac OSX 10.6+, Windows XP, and Windows 7 operating systems. Plug-in architecture allows users to have confidence that additional features and functionality can be added to the platform and deliver more value over time. And automatic updating ensures that users will be automatically notified of updates and given the option to download new or updated plug-ins, so that they will always be running the latest, most complete software package available.