The pShooter™ vectors are designed to localize recombinant proteins to the nucleus, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, or cytoplasm. In addition to the localization signal, each pShooter™ vector contains:
- Strong mammalian promoter (CMV or EF-1É) for constitutive expression of your protein of interest
- C-terminal c-myc epitope for detection with an Anti-myc Antibody
- Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH) polyadenylation site for mRNA stability
- f1 origin for single-stranded rescue of sense DNA
- Neomycin resistance gene for selection of mammalian cells with Geneticin¤ selection agent
- Ampicillin resistance and pUC origin for selection and maintenance in E. coli
Each vector is provided with a positive control plasmid. The positive control expresses GFP and targets it to the same subcellular location as the pShooter™ vector.