How do I correctly apply MicroAmp® Optical Adhesive Covers to an optical 96- or 384-well plate?
Please follow the instructions below for the proper application of MicroAmp® Optical Adhesive Covers (Cat. Nos. 4311971, 4313663 and 4360954).
The MicroAmp® Optical Adhesive Cover uses a pressure-sensitive adhesive backing to adhere the cover to the optical 96- or 384-well plate. It is imperative that you use enough force to activate the pressure-sensitive adhesive to prevent evaporation from the wells.
Please note: Users should not expect the Optical Adhesive Cover to be very sticky to the touch on the side that adheres to the optical plate.
The correct way to apply the cover is as follows:
1. Apply firm pressure when using the Adhesive Seal Applicator (Cat. No. 4333183) to press the cover onto the plate.
2. Run the applicator firmly from left to right several times. Run the applicator up and down several times.
3. Run the edge of the applicator around the border (following the red line outside the wells) of the cover.
4. Repeat the left to right and up and down motions to assure a good final seal.
5. Inspect each well to make sure that each well edges are imprinted on the optical adhesive cover.
Please Note: Using the Applicator's edge to seal between the wells is NOT recommended. It may actually pull the seal off the wells.
Answer Id: 2310
Which of your plastic consumables are compatible with the Applied Biosystems® 7900HT Fast Real-Time PCR System?
There are many of our reagents and plastic consumables that can be used on the Applied Biosystems® 7900HT Fast Real-Time PCR System. Here are a few examples to help you get started:
Cat. No. 4313663, MicroAmp® Optical Adhesive Film Kit
Cat. No. 4311971, 4360954, MicroAmp® Optical Adhesive Film
Cat. No. 4323032, MicroAmp® Optical 8-Cap Strip
Cat. No. 4309849; 4326270, MicroAmp® Optical 384-Well Reaction Plate with Barcode
Cat. No. 4306737; 4326659; 4314320, MicroAmp® Optical 96-Well Reaction Plate with Barcode
Cat. No. 4346906, MicroAmp® Fast Optical 96-Well Reaction Plate with Barcode, 0.1 mL
Cat. No. 4312063, Splash Free 96-Well Base
For more comprehensive lists of compatible plastics, enter "Real-Time PCR Plastics" in the main Search field on our website and follow the links.
Answer Id: 1596
Can the MicroAmp® Optical Adhesive Film be used with MicroAmp® Optical Tubes?