Life Technologies Bolsters its 60 Percent Market Share Lead in Benchtop Sequencers with 12 New Ion Torrent™ Products
"These new products continue the pace of relentless innovation that in just two years enabled Ion Torrent™ semiconductor sequencing technology to scale more than 1,000-fold and gain a 60 percent market share of benchtop sequencers," said Dr.
Ion Torrent™ technology continues to simplify and automate key workflows, decreasing turnaround times and expanding access to next-generation sequencing for both basic and translational researchers.
- Ion Library Equalizer™ Kits eliminate the need for library quantification and library dilutions prior to clonal amplification for Ion AmpliSeq™ DNA and Ion genomic fragment libraries. The kit reduces hands-on time, sample variability and reagent cost, while increasing processing speed for high-throughput applications.
- Ion TargetSeq™ Exome Rapid Protocol reduces the capture step to just 16 hours, enabling whole human exome enrichment and sequencing on the Ion Proton™ Sequencer in as little as a day and a half, making the Ion Exome sequencing workflow the fastest method for performing human exome sequencing. The protocol is now available from Ion field application specialists.
- Ion AmpliSeq™ RNA Library Kit requires as little as 500 pg of unfixed RNA and 5 ng of FFPE RNA and is compatible with Ion Express™ Barcode Modules for multiplexing multiple samples on a single Ion semiconductor sequencing chip.
- Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit for AB Library Builder™ System enables the analysis of either whole transcriptome or small RNA expression with a single reagent kit. The kit requires as little as 500 ng of total RNA, or as little as 50 ng of enriched small RNA.
Ion AmpliSeq™ Technology
Ion AmpliSeq™ technology is the industry-leading solution for targeted sequencing, with over 100,000 reactions run in the past year. Today,
- Ion AmpliSeq™ Designer 2.0 now enables researchers to design panels for sequencing human DNA and RNA, as well as mouse DNA. The Ion AmpliSeq™ Designer now supports up to 6,144 primer pairs in a single tube, up to 5 Mb designs, the industry's highest multiplexed solution.
- Ion AmpliSeq™
RNA Cancer Panelis a single pool that targets the same 50 tumor suppressor and oncogenes covered by the Ion AmpliSeq™ DNA Cancer Hotspot Panelv2.
- Ion AmpliSeq™
RNA Apoptosis Paneluses a single pool of primers representing 267 genes involved in the cellular apoptosis pathway, including genes associated with death receptor mediated apoptosis, c-myc and p53 mediated apoptosis.
- Ion AmpliSeq™ RNA Custom Panels enable scientists to choose from over 20,000 targeted genes to survey gene expression fold changes in samples requiring as little as 500 pg of unfixed RNA or 5 ng of FFPE RNA. The assay yields greater than 5 logs of dynamic range for up to 300 genes in a single tube assay.
- Ion AmpliSeq™
DNA Custom Mouse Paneluses a single pool of primers with up to 6,144 amplicons and requires just 10 ng of genomic DNA to target up to 5 Mb of mouse genomic regions.
Ion Torrent™ services continue to improve in performance and simplicity of data analysis, with advances in three key areas:
Torrent Browser Plug-in Storeenables anyone to create and share plug-ins that provide additional data analysis functionality within Torrent Suite™ Software. In less than a year, over 35 plug-ins have been contributed to the Ion Communityand over 6,000 have been downloaded.
- Torrent Suite™ Software v3.4 and the new Torrent Variant Caller offer integrated signal processing, base calling, mapping and variant detection, and a new compressed file format, all delivered through a web browser and preconfigured on a Torrent Server. This software is available for download now.
- Ion Reporter™ Software v1.4 is a streamlined bioinformatics solution that enables scientists to identify and interpret human genetic variants from either the Ion PGM™ or Ion Proton™ sequencers. The software brings rich genomic annotation, easy-to-use filters and reproducible analysis to molecular biologists. Researchers can try Ion Reporter™ Software for free through
May 31, 2013.
All products referenced are for research use only and not for use in diagnostic procedures.
About Life Technologies
This press release includes forward-looking statements about
Life Technologies Contact
News Provided by Acquire Media