We embrace the vital role played by our suppliers of materials and services in helping our company deliver quality in everything we do. Working together, we can eliminate waste, lower cost, improve performance, operate safely, and preserve our environment. These efforts allow us to meet the expectations of our customers, our communities, and our stakeholders. High performance at the lowest total cost of ownership marks the beginning of this journey. These attributes, supported by integrated supply chains and impeccable quality, result in stronger, more mutually beneficial relationships.
Partnering with Our Suppliers
We invite suppliers to join us as we work to become an ever more sustainable company. We provide preference to suppliers with progressive corporate responsibility practices – that value efficiency, ethical practice, and sustainability, based on demonstrated ability to:
- Measure and manage greenhouse gas emissions to reduce the total carbon footprint of our indirect emissions
- Implement new processes to reduce waste and inefficiencies and establish methods to recycle packaging or supply reusable containers
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees and contractors
- Formally include health, safety, and human rights issues in performance standards, including standards for working hours, freedom of association, anti-discrimination, and anti–child labor practices
- Work within product life cycles to minimize their environmental footprint, from the selection of raw materials through end-of-life disposal
- Make environmental compliance a priority to avoid business interruption
- Offer environmentally preferable options
Surveying Our Suppliers
We ask our direct suppliers to complete a responsibility survey. This information enables us to assist suppliers and customers with their sustainability performance in areas including: governance, social responsibility, environmental impact, and business continuity.
These categories are also included on our supplier audit checklist.
More on our supplier program:
- Supplier Management Program Handbook
- Supplier Diversity Program
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- Supply Chain Labor Standards