IMPORTANT NOTE: The method for updating the firmware of your particular Qubit® 2.0 Fluorometer is dependent upon two variable factors:
- The numeric range containing the serial number of your Qubit® 2.0 Fluorometer and
- The computer platform you are using to upgrade your Qubit® 2.0 Fluorometer: Windows or Mac
Use Table 1 to determine if you can use the instructions detailed on this page to update the firmware of your Qubit® 2.0 Fluorometer.
Table 1. How To Update the Firmware For Your Qubit® 2.0 Fluorometer.
|Qubit® 2.0 Serial Number||Windows||Mac
||Use Instructions Below
||Contact Technical Support
|1104004846 and Above
||Use Instructions Below||Use Instructions Below|
Step-By-Step Firmware Update Instructions (If Applicable)
1. Click on “Download the Latest Firmware Ver 3.11” (This will be the .zip file)
2. Click on the “Open” button from the File Download pop-up window.
3. Click on “Extract all files.
4. From the Extraction Wizard, click “Next.“
5. Select a folder to extract the files to. Click “Next“
6. Click “Finish.”
7. Highlight the two .bin files, V3.11 Qubit_FW_MainCPU.bin and V3.10 Qubit_FW_UsbHost.bin, right-click using your mouse and select “Copy.”
8. Insert a USB drive into your PC and search for this drive by clicking “My Computer.”
9. Right-click on your USB drive (Here, drive “E:”) and select “Paste” from the drop-down menu.
10. Update Files Are Ready
The Qubit® 2.0 firmware upgrade files are now on your USB drive and your instrument is ready to be updated. You can check by double-clicking on the USB drive. Make sure your USB drive contains both Qubit .bin files. These 2 files must both be present on the USB drive for the upgrade to be successful.
11. On your Qubit® 2.0 Fluorometer, press the Version button located on the top portion of the touch screen. The Version Screen is displayed.
12. Insert the USB drive into the USB port and press Update.
After the successful update of the firmware, the following screen is displayed before the instrument returns to the Home Screen. You can now proceed to setting your standards and quantitating your samples.
|Note: A green dot on the Update button indicates that the instrument recognizes the USB drive; a red dot indicates that the USB drive is not inserted into the USB port or that the instrument does not recognize the USB drive.|