Pharmacogenomic DME Genotyping
The QuantStudio™ 12K Flex Real-Time PCR System with OpenArray® block can be used in the simple workflow below to help you achieve reliable, cost-saving results, with flexible throughput options that can be selected to meet your requirements.
- TaqMan® Assays are one of the most trusted real-time PCR technologies available. Life Technologies has developed millions of TaqMan® Assays using a worldwide community of researchers.
Flexibility—design your own panel
- Use our predefined OpenArray® PGx Panel or design your own pharmacogenomic panel by selecting from over 2,700 TaqMan® Drug Metabolism Enzyme (DME) Genotyping Assays, 4.5 million predesigned TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays, or custom TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays.
- Scalability—choose the format that fits your needs
- OpenArray® plates are available in six formats, from 12 to 144 samples per plate, or 16 to 256 SNPs per plate.
- Simplicity—minimize analysis time
- AlleleTyper™ Software provides an easy and convenient analysis tool for star-allele nomenclature.
- Peace of mind—instrument services
- Installation qualification and operation qualification (IQ/OQ) and instrument performance verification (IPV) services help ensure that your instruments are working according to protocol specifications.
Experimental Workflow: Find the Products You Need for Every Step
Purify the DNA using MagMAX™ technology
MagMAX™ DNA Multi-Sample Kits are designed for the rapid purification of high-quality genomic DNA from a variety of sample types including blood, blood cards, and buccal swabs. MagMAX™ purification kits use magnetic bead–based nucleic acid isolation technology to produce high yields of purified DNA, free from inhibitors that may affect downstream reactions such as genotyping assays.
Additional products using MagMAX™ technology:
TaqMan® PreAmp kits preamplify small amounts of DNA without introducing amplification bias to the sample. Preamplification enables you to stretch your precious sample into many more real-time PCR reactions.
- TaqMan® PreAmp Master Mix
Custom TaqMan® PreAmp pools
TaqMan® PreAmp pools work in concert with their corresponding TaqMan® PGx custom panel and PreAmp master mix. They are used to preamplify the specific DNA targets. Contact your sales representative for more information.
Analyze biologically important polymorphisms using our 2,700 unique TaqMan® DME Genotyping Assays that detect polymorphisms in regulatory elements and coding regions in 221 DME and drug transporter genes.
These assays are available in two OpenArray® formats: a predesigned TaqMan® OpenArray® PGx Panel or a custom TaqMan® OpenArray® panel. Six custom OpenArray® formats are available to fit your needs:
TaqMan® OpenArray® PGx Panel
This panel contains 156 DME Assays and can analyze 16 samples.
Custom TaqMan® OpenArray® panel configurator
This configuration tool provides step-by-step guidance as you build your custom OpenArray® panel using our TaqMan® DME Genotyping Assays, TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays, and custom TaqMan® Assays.
Load your sample on the OpenArray® plate using the OpenArray® AccuFill™ System and seal the plate.
QuantStudio™ 12K Flex OpenArray® AccuFill™ System
The OpenArray® AccuFill™ System loads the sample mix from a 384‐well plate onto the TaqMan® OpenArray® real-time PCR plate.
OpenArray® Sample Tracker Software
OpenArray® Sample Tracker Software integrates the sample Information from a 384‐well plate file with the assay information in the plate setup file.
- OpenArray® AccuFill™ System Tips
- OpenArray® AccuFill™ System Tips, 10 Pack
Perform a real-time amplification and read the plate using the QuantStudio™ 12K Flex system with the OpenArray® block.
Whether you need installation qualification and operation qualification (IQ/OQ) or instrument performance verification (IPV), our qualification services help you verify that your instrument is working according to manufacturer’s specifications, thereby allowing you to produce audit-quality data to share with regulated bodies.
QuantStudio™ 12K Flex Real-Time PCR System with OpenArray® Block
The QuantStudio™ 12K Flex Real-Time PCR Instrument and QuantStudio™ 12K Flex OpenArray® AccuFill™ System combination can process hundreds to thousands of samples per day, enabling mid-density, high-throughput results with ease of use and without robotics.
- IQ/OQ/IPV service
The data is plotted in an allelic discrimination plot with FAM™ fluorescence dye signal on the y-axis and VIC® fluorescence signal on the x-axis. TaqMan® Genotyper Software converts the raw data into genotype calls (e.g., homozygotes and heterozygotes) and AlleleTyper™ Software converts genotype calls into star-allele results.
TaqMan® Genotyper Software
TaqMan® Genotyper Software is used with TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays (predesigned, custom, and DME) in combination with 48-, 96-, and 384-well microtiter plates, and OpenArray® Genotyping Plates. It offers a state-of-the-art genotype calling algorithm, an intuitive user interface, and enhanced multiplate analysis features.
AlleleTyper™ Software is a fast and easy tool that helps determine the haplotypes of your samples using star-allele nomenclature.