Unique Contest at 2012 ISSCR Annual Meeting
by Jennifer Hornstein - 05/31/12
Life Technologies will be sponsoring a unique and fun contest at the ISSCR (International Society for Stem Cell Research) 2012 Annual Meeting in Japan.
Contestants can enter for a chance to win the new iPad® by completing fun tasks that give meeting attendees an opportunity to visit and experience points of interest in and around the area of Yokohama.
If attending ISSCR, complete any of the below 8 tasks while visiting Yokohama during the meeting and take a photo as proof. Then, to enter, email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them using the hashtags #ISSCR2012 or #LIFEtop8. Increase your chances by submitting multiple photo entries.
- Climb into the second-fastest elevator in the world and visit the Sky Garden on the 69th floor of the Yokohama Landmark Tower, the tallest building in Japan.
- Stop by the Life Technologies booth and say the Japanese word “hachi” (which means “number 8”) to receive a signed copy of Primary and Stem Cells: Gene Transfer Technologies and Applications. We will be giving 8 copies away daily.
- Visit the Motomachi Shopping Street and grab a bite to eat. While you’re there, visit the Foreigners’ Cemetery, the final resting place of 4,000 foreign residents and visitors.
- Stop by to see a live magic show at the Life Technologies booth.
- While at the Life Technologies booth, answer a short survey and pick up your free magical gift.
- Visit the world’s first food amusement park! Taste Ramen dishes from all over Japan and travel back in time to 1958 Tokyo.
- Take a trip to 19th century America while you’re in Japan! Stop by for a drink, jazz music, and the Wild West—all mixed together at the 1890 Saloon CABLE CAR Bar.
- Attend our Innovation Showcases to learn the latest on stem cell culture and cell reprogramming.
The ISSCR's annual meeting serves as the largest stem cell research event for professionals from around the world.
Where to Find Life Technologies
Life Technologies will be exhibiting at booth #518.