The Pathatrix® Auto System has obtained AFNOR™ certification
The Pathatrix® Auto System has obtained AFNOR™ certification for the ‘Pathatrix® Auto Salmonella spp.’ Validation data demonstrates equivalence to the reference method ISO 6579 (2002).
Scope of the AFNOR™ validation
Meat products: including raw beef, ready-to-eat and ready-to-reheat meat products
Dairy products: including heat-treated milk and UHT, canned or pasteurized dairy products
Salmonella detection workflows:
- After enrichment, 10 portions of enriched meat or dairy samples are pooled over the Pathatrix® Auto System followed by detection using the MicroSEQ® Salmonella spp real-time PCR detection kit or by detection on selective agar plates according to ISO 6579
- Positive pooled samples are re-tested individually by reprocessing 10 ml samples of stored individual enriched cultures on the Pathatrix® Auto System, continuing through the chosen detection procedure
- Independent confirmation testing is performed only on positive individual samples, according to the detection method chosen.
Two protocols have been validated:
- Pathatrix® Auto Salmonella spp linked to MicroSEQ® Salmonella spp real-time PCR Detection Kit
- Pathatrix® Auto Salmonella spp linked to Selective Agar Detection
Both protocols allow the screening of the negative samples typically within 2 days, while 3 days are required for the positive samples; compared to 4 days for culture negatives following ISO.
AFNOR™ validated workflow
The Pathatrix® Auto Instrument is a recirculation immunomagnetic separation system. Using magnetic beads coated with antibodies, the Pathatrix® Auto Instrument quickly concentrates the target organisms such as Salmonella from the enriched samples, and the on-line wash step removes non-target organisms and any PCR inhibitors. This helps reduce the time to results and enables increased pathogen testing at lower costs.
Applying the Pathatrix® Auto System full workflows in your food testing lab enables:
- more testing at lower costs
- faster release of your meat and dairy products
- less false positives due to the removal of matrix effects
For testing of Food and Environmental samples only
©2013 Life Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved. The trademarks mentioned herin are the property of Life Technologies Corporation and/or their respective owners.