Poultry Testing Solutions
Deliver safe poultry products with greater ease, speed, & confidence
From production animal health to finished food products, Life Technologies provides fast, validated, and comprehensive testing solutions that protect your poultry products and bottom line.Request details
Comprehensive Salmonella testing solutions that adapt and perform to your unique testing needs
Life Technologies understands the importance of quickly releasing safe poultry products to market that satisfy challenging regulatory requirements, and don't sacrifice your bottom line. Our comprehensive offering includes AOAC, AFNOR and NPIP validated food testing solutions that screen for Salmonella spp., Campylobacter and Listeria with exceptional accuracy, specificity and speed.
A consultative food safety partner, providing answers when you need them the most
Life Technologies partners with the world’s most respected labs and food producers to protect the integrity of their products and brand during the most challenging of times. In the event of a positive call, our custom serotyping solutions greatly minimize your business’s exposure to food event scenarios by pinpointing prevalent Salmonella serovars, such as Heidelberg and Hadar, with superior speed and reliability. From custom solutions that adapt to your unique needs, to our award-winning global service and support, we are well-equipped to deliver answers when you need them most.
Key features and benefits
Confidence in results
Poultry and environmental testing solutions that are accurate and validated (AOAC, AFNOR, NPIP)
Fast product release
Screen for Salmonella spp. and serovars such as Heidelberg and Hadar with exceptional speed and accuracy
Easy installation & use
Our easy-to-use solutions are backed by an award-winning global service and support team
Workflows Optimized For Your Food Safety Needs
A partnership with Life Technologies Food Safety helps ensure your company has the competitive edge it expects and the risk reduction your food testing lab demands. From fast, accurate and intuitive tools built on an open-design platform, to dedicated global service and support, our food safety team specializes in workflows that help labs work smarter.
Sample Prep Solutions For Every Need
Rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach, Life Technologies provides multiple validated sample prep options for pathogen testing that easily integrate into food testing workflows with minimal operator training. The protocols have been tested on a wide range of samples, including environmental, chocolate, infant formula, and soft cheeses.
- More than 30 samples per day
- Efficiently removes inhibitors
- Automated sample preparation
- Minimal training required
- Less than 30 samples per day
- Efficiently removes inhibitors
- Minimal equipment costs
- Minimal training required
RapidFinder™ Direct Lysis
- Low and high sample throughput
- Common protocol for pathogens
- Minimal hands-on-time
- Low cost sample preparation
Validated Pathogen Detection Kits
MicroSEQ® kits offer exceptional accuracy and time-to-results for the detection of various food borne pathogens in one easy-to-use platform. Selected kits have been validated and certified by the leading global assurance organizations including AOAC, AFNOR, and NPIP.
- Internal positive control minimizes false positives and negatives
- Faster time-to-results versus alternative methods, helps reduce inventory hold times
- Easy-to-use lyophilized format improves testing consistency (reproducibility)
- Resistance to PCR inhibitors results in broad sample type compatibility and minimizes “do-over’s”
7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System
The 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System combines rapid thermal cycling, powerful software, your choice of off-the-shelf or custom assays, and superior support for a variety of applications. Additionally, all systems are backed by Life Technologies track record of quality, long-term reliability, and award-winning global service and support.
- Widely used for its high performance capabilities
- Fast cycling mode delivers results in typically 40 minutes
- Open system enables a broad range of QC testing
- Backed by one of the largest global support networks in the industry
- Supports a broad range of assays for pathogen, GMO, yeast/mold, bacteria and water testing, including other manufacturer’s assays
Simplify Your Data Interpretation
RapidFinder™ Express Software intuitively guides you through each step of the food pathogen detection assay—from run file to final results. The software uses preset, optimized thermal cycling conditions, and automatically generates presence or absence results, which you can view for all locations, for each sample, or for individual tubes.
- Intuitively guides you through each procedure step—from plate setup to final results
- Fully automates amplification, detection, data collection, and analysis
- Quickly evaluate presence and absence calls from an easy-to-read screen display
- Flag, notification, and prompt options enable you to quickly interpret data
Innovative Food Safety Solutions Customized For Your Unique Needs
Life Technologies has leveraged its assay design, high-speed sequencing, and bioinformatics expertise to develop food safety solutions that offer results you can trust. As an example, our custom Salmonella serovar–specific assays provide rapid serotyping of Salmonella typhimurium, newport, heidelberg, and hadar for traceability requirements.
In only five days, Life Technologies sequenced and identified the deadly strain of E. coli ravaging Europe, helping to develop a screening test that delivered results within
Using an automated real-time PCR method, Life Technologies designed and validated a complete streamlined workflow to detect Salmonella in pet food in less than 14 hours, cutting time-to-result
During a recent ground turkey recall, Life Technologies partnered with two of the largest turkey producers in the US to find a rapid detection solution for the Salmonella serovar