Buccal DNA Collector™ Device
The Buccal DNA Collector™ Device, manufactured by Bode Technology and distributed by Life Technologies,1 is an easy-to-use non-invasive device designed for the collection of cheek buccal cells for human identification analysis. No transfer step is required after collection, which maximizes sample integrity and DNA yield for downstream processing. In addition, the design facilitates automated processing with BSD Punching Systems (BSD Robotics) while maintaining chain of custody control.
The Buccal DNA Collector™ Device consists of three main components:
- Handle with support manufactured from medical-grade plastic
- Collection paper manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines
Sliding cover to protect and provide ventilation of the collection paper
- Direct collection requires no transfer steps after collection for increased sample integrity and DNA yield
- Automated processing with BSD Punching Systems while maintaining chain of custody control
- Easy to use and enabled for self-administered collection
- Validated for use with Applied Biosystems® Prep-n-Go™ Buffer and STR kits to enable optimal direct amplification processing
- Tested and certified to be human DNA free, and free of DNase and RNase
- Proven and trusted—since its introduction in 2002, the Buccal DNA Collector™ Device is estimated to have been used for more than 30% of samples profiled for inclusion in the U.S. CODIS database
|Buccal DNA Collector™ Device||Cat. No.||Qty.|
|Buccal DNA Collector™ Device||4467893||Case of 100|
|Transport Pouches||4467894||Case of 100|
|Archival Trays||4467895||Case of 8 Boxes2|
|Archival Cassettes with Cassette Envelopes||4467337||Case of 100|
|Adhesive Seals for Archival Cassettes||4467896||Roll of 1000|
|Specimen Processing Unit||4467897||Each|
|Customized Sample Collection Kit||Please contact your local Life Technologies representative|
1Typical workflow for 24 samples using the latest Applied Biosystems® direct PCR amplification kits, genetic analyzers, and expert system analysis software.2Each box contains 11 Archival Trays.
*To order please contact your local Life Technologies sales representative
© 2013 Life Technologies Corporation. For Forensic or Paternity use only. All rights reserved. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of Life Technologies Corporation and/or its affiliate(s) or their respective owners. Buccal DNA Collector is a trademark of Bode Technology.