Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) Antibodies
Checkout our ABfinity™ Recombinant Rabbit Monoclonal anti-GFP antibody–raised against full-length GFP and suitable for multiple applications, including western blots, immunopreciptation, ELISA, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and immunocytochemistry. It is a simple choice for your GFP detection needs.
- High quality and versatility
- One anti-GFP antibody, multiple applications
|Figure 1—Anti-GFP Abfinity™ recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody for flow cytometry applications. GFP-expressing Lanthascreen™ Erk2 A375 cells were stained with 0.5 µg anti-GFP Abfinity™ recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody followed by Alexa Fluor® 647 labeled goat anti–rabbit IgG. The black line represents signal obtained when the anti-GFP antibody is present. The red line represents cells pre-incubated with recombinant GFP. The gray line (control) represents cells stained without the anti-GFP antibody present.|
Figure 2—Anti-GFP Abfinity™ recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody for immunocytochemistry applications. U20S cells expressing Organelle Lights™ ER-GFP (A) were analyzed using the anti-GFP Abfinity™ recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody. Cells were fixed in 4% formaldehyde, permeabalized in 0.1% Triton X-100/PBS, and blocked in 1% BSA. The cells were then incubated with primary antibody at 1 µg/mL, followed by a Alexa Fluor® 647 goat anti-rabbit IgG (B). The nuclei were stained with Hoechst 33342. The merged signal (yellow, C) indicates co-localization of GFP fluorescence and the detection antibody.
Other anti-GFP Antibody Offerings
- Rabbit polyclonal anti-GFP—raised against anti-GFP, rabbit serum isolated directly from Aequorea victoria and is available as a complete antiserum or as an anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction purified by ion-exchange chromatography.
- Chicken anti-GFP antibody—raised against GFP isolated directly from Aequorea victoria and the IgY fraction is purified by affinity purification. Since the chicken lacks a classic “Fc” domain, it does not bind to mammalian IgG Fc receptors, resulting in lower backgrounds during immunostaining protocols. The chicken IgY is also antigenically different from the mammalian IgG, allowing you to perform double immunostaining experiments using antibodies from multiple species.
- Anti-GFP antibody conjugates (including Alexa Fluor® dye conjugates)—use our popular anti-GFP rabbit polyclonal antibody to avoid an additional secondary antibody detection step. Great care has been taken to ensure that our conjugates do not contain free label that would contribute to higher backgrounds.
All anti-GFP antibodies are suitable for the detection of native GFP, GFP variants, and most GFP fusion proteins by western blot analysis; the rabbit antibodies are also useful for immunoprecipitation.
|Product Name||Host||Cat. no.||Application†||Type|
|anti-GFP Abfinity™ recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody||Rabbit||G10362||ELISA, IP, IHC, WB, Flow||mAb||order|
|anti-GFP, rabbit serum||Rabbit||A6455||IP, IHC, WB||Serum||order|
|anti-GFP, chicken IgY fraction||Chicken||A10262||ICC, WB||IgY fraction||order|
|anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction||Rabbit||A11122||IP, IHC, WB||IgG fraction||order|
† IP = immunoprecipitation, IHC = immunohistochemistry, WB = western blot, ICC = immunocytochemistry, Flow = Flow cytometry.
Direct Conjugates of anti-GFP Antibodies
|Product Name||Host||Cat. no.||Label|
|anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction||Rabbit||A21311||Alexa Fluor® 488||order|
|anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction||Rabbit||A21312||Alexa Fluor® 594||order|
|anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction||Rabbit||A31851||Alexa Fluor® 555||order|
|anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction||Rabbit||A31852||Alexa Fluor® 647||order|
|anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction||Rabbit||A10259||Biotin-XX||order|
|anti-GFP, rabbit IgG fraction||Rabbit||A10260||HRP||order|
|anti-GFP, chicken IgY fraction||Chicken||A10263||Biotin-XX||order|