Many different approaches are used in the study of programmed cell death, or apoptosis. Cell death cascades are complex and dynamic, underscoring the importance of a multi-parametric approach for accurate assessment. Understanding the mechanisms of cell death and survival can represent a critical aspect of toxicological profiling and drug discovery.
Life Technologies offers a wide array of apoptosis assays for measuring multiple components on a choice of assay platforms:
- Caspase activity assays
- DNA fragmentation and morphology
- Annexin V staining
- Membrane potential and other mitochondrial assays
Also see flow cytometry assays for apoptosis
Caspase Activity Assays
|Caspase assays are a distinctive feature of early stage apoptosis.
- Find caspase activity assay products
DNA Fragmentation and Morphology
|DNA fragmentation and nuclear changes characterize late apoptosis.
- Find products for DNA fragmentation and morphology
Annexin V Staining
|Annexin V staining is used to identify intermediate apoptosis stages.
- Find products for annexin V staining
Membrane Potential and Other Mitochondrial Assays
|Mitochondrial changes occur early in apoptosis.
- Find membrane potential and other mitochondrial assay products
|Molecular Probes® Handbook||Related Products|