Novabright™ Chemiluminescent ELISA Substrate
Adaptable and sensitive for easy assay development
Whether you’re performing standard ELISAs, receptor binding assays, or highly sensitive nucleic DNA probe capture assays, NovaBright™ Chemiluminescent Alkaline Phosphatase ELISA kits are the adaptable solution to your assay needs.
Rapid, Ultra-Sensitive Antigen Detection
NovaBright™ Chemiluminescent Alkaline Phosphatase ELISA kits are available in four different formats and a convenient sampler format to enable the development of immunoassays with the sensitivity and throughput tailored to your research needs. Optimized NovaBright™ Chemiluminescent Alkaline Phosphatase ELISA reagents provide rapid, quantifiable results and significantly extend the limits of detection beyond those of most colorimetric and isotopic methods. Kits are available with your choice of ready-to-use chemiluminescent substrate formulations containing CSPD® or CDP-Star® substrates and either Sapphire-II™ or Emerald-II™ luminescence enhancers. I-Block™ blocking reagent is also included to prevent nonspecific binding and reduce background.
Signal Intensity (Relative Light Units)
Time to Peak Signal
|Measurement Time Window|
CSPD® / Sapphire-II™
||10 min to 10 hrs
CSPD® / Emerald-II™
||10 min to 10 hrs
CDP-Star® / Sapphire-II™
|32,000||+++||20-30 min||30 minutes to 10 hrs|
CDP-Star® / Emerald-II™
||30 minutes to 10 hrs
Choose an Optimal Substrate/Enhancer Combination
Schematic of chemiluminescence enhancement.
The specific substrate and enhancer combination that will provide the highest sensitivity for each assay system can vary:
- Choose NovaBright™ Chemiluminescent Alkaline Phosphatase ELISA with Sapphire-II™ enhancer for assays performed in tubes or microplate luminometers.
- Choose NovaBright™ Chemiluminescent Alkaline Phosphatase ELISA with Emerald-II™ enhancer for readout on less sensitive instruments, where more intense luminescent signals are needed to detect low levels of enzyme.
- In general, the CSPD® substrate reaches its maximum light output faster than CDP-Star®, although CSPD® is not as bright.
- Using Emerald-II™ enhancer with either substrate results in a much brighter signal, however, Sapphire-II™ enhancer has a broader dynamic range.
- The combination of CDP-Star® and Emerald-II™ enhancer is the best choice when maximum signal is needed.
- If you are unsure of which ELISA Kit is the best choice for you, choose the ELISA sampler kit containing all four substrate/enhancer formulations.