GeneArt® Truncation Libraries
Truncation Without Frameshifts
GeneArt® Truncation technology incrementally trims genes around a defined core region. Genes can be truncated from both the 5' and the 3' ends simultaneously to produce an incremental truncation library. Unlike other methods, our process preserves the open reading frame, avoiding out-of- frame mutations.
What You Receive
GeneArt® Truncation Libraries are cloned into the vector of your choice, then up to 96 clones are peer group–sequenced to help ensure that your library meets your specifications.
- Glycerol stock of transformed cells
- Library plasmid preparation (>30 µg DNA)
- Optimize solubility
- Evaluate minimal functional-protein size
- Identify functional domains
- Screen for inhibitors
- Map epitopes
- More functional variants
- No system-based out-of-frame mutations
- Low ancillary mutation rates—>90% sequence integrity (depending on length of the gene; unintended mutants will have amino acid substitutions in most cases)
- High success rates—receive all possible truncation variants; library diversity of up to ~40,000