GeneArt® Gene Synthesis
How to order
Whether you have limited cloning experience or simply want to save time, the GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service helps you move your ideas from the planning stage to the laboratory more quickly. Benefit from our experience in successfully producing over 180,000 constructs for customers as diverse as large pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology start-ups, and basic research institutions. The comparison shown below highlights the time and effort saved compared to traditional cloning.
GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service production times
|Gene length||Production time (business days)|
|>5,000 bp||Contact us||Contact us||NA|
|Complex sequences||Contact us||Contact us||NA|
*Valid for standard gene synthesis (non-complex, GC content 10% - 80%).
**In case of GC content of 10% - 20% or 75% - 80%: 1,000 bp instead of 1,200 bp.
***Subject to sequence assessment. Order must be placed by 3:00 p.m. CET.
Please note: Rarely, requested sequences are found to be toxic and/or genetically unstable. These production times are only valid for nontoxic sequences that are genetically stable in E. coli.
Benefits of GeneArt® Gene Synthesis
- Flexible, custom process: Obtain the exact sequence you need in the vector of your choice—including challenging, complex constructs and custom vectors.
- Maximized protein yield: Optional sequence processing with GeneOptimizer® software generates sequence variants with enhanced mRNA stability and translational efficiency.
- Rapid synthesis and assembly: Standard turnaround times start at 10 business days (depending on sequence length). Accelerated options are also available.
- Excellent accuracy: All custom synthesized genes are sequenced as part of our ISO 9001:2008–certified quality management system; we only ship constructs with exact sequence agreement.
- Economical: The cost of the GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service rivals costs that would be incurred to purchase the oligonucleotides and molecular biology reagents required for gene synthesis. And then there is your time to consider.
- Efficient: Save time and labor by outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning so you can focus on your research.
- Trackable: Easy online status tracking to support the planning of your projects
GeneArt® Gene Synthesis process
Submitted DNA sequences are designed by our team of highly skilled scientists to include/exclude restriction enzyme sites and translation elements as requested, and are optionally optimized using our GeneOptimizer® software for maximum protein production.
NEW! Save time with the new express cloning service!
Using an alternative production procedure with pre-prepared expression vectors, GeneArt® can clone your synthesized genes directly into selected Life Technologies expression plasmids, saving 4-5 business days compared to the standard workflow with cloning into pMx series vector first.
This Express cloning option is different from the still available classical subcloning service after gene synthesis (see table below). As deliverable, you will receive expression ready genes - your synthesized gene in the selected expression vector, no additional copy in a pMx cloning vector will be provided.
How to order
- Order online via the online portal and add the express cloning service to your gene synthesis order
- To order by email, fill out the submission form and submit form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Turnaround time for expression ready genes starts at 11 business days (depending on the length of your gene). Adding the gene synthesis express upgrade cuts additional 2 days, so it is possible to realize a turnaround time of 9 business days for your cloned, expression ready gene (see table below).
Genes qualifying for Express cloning must be <5kb and not complex (optimization of your sequence can reduce complexity).
Expression ready genes: comparison of deliverables and turnaround times
|Service type||Deliverable||Turnaround time (business days)|
|Express Gene synthesis* & Express Cloning service
||Expression ready gene in selected Life Technologies expression vector||9 (7+2 for genes <1,200 bp)
14 (12+2 for genes 1,200 – 3,000 bp)
19 (17+2 for genes 3,000 – 4,000 bp)
|Gene synthesis standard & Express Cloning service||Expression ready gene in selected Life Technologies expression vector||11 (9+2 for genes <1,200 bp)
16 (14+2 for genes 1,200 – 3,000 bp)
21 (19+2 for genes 3,000 – 4,000 bp)
|Gene synthesis standard & Classical Subcloning service||Expression ready gene in any expression vector
||15 (9+6 for genes <1,200 bp)
20 (14+6 for genes 1,200 – 3,000 bp)
25 (19+6 for genes 3,000 – 4,000 bp)
*Valid for standard gene synthesis (non-complex), GC content 10% - 80%
Figure 1: Express cloning directly into an expression vector
Figure 2: Classical subcloning from pMx into an expression vector
*Expression vector example. Multiple choices for vector available.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.