GeneArt® Gene Synthesis
The GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service offers chemical synthesis, cloning, and sequence verification of virtually any desired genetic sequence. You will receive a bacterial stab and/or purified plasmid containing your synthesized gene—ready for downstream applications.
How to order
Have us configure your project
Please contact us at email@example.com
Whether you have limited cloning experience or simply want to save time, the GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service helps you move your ideas from the planning stage to the laboratory more quickly. Benefit from our experience in successfully producing over 180,000 constructs for customers as diverse as large pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology start-ups, and basic research institutions. The comparison shown in the figure below highlights the time and effort saved compared to traditional cloning.
GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service production times
|Gene length||Production time (business days)|
|>5,000 bp||Get a quote||Get a quote||N/A|
|Complex sequences||Get a quote||Get a quote||N/A|
*Valid for standard gene synthesis (non-complex, GC content 10% - 80%).
**In case of GC content of 10% - 20% or 75% - 80%: 1,000 bp instead of 1,200 bp.
***Subject to sequence assessment. Order must be placed by 3:00 p.m. CET.
Please note: Rarely, requested sequences are found to be toxic and/or genetically unstable. These production times are only valid for nontoxic sequences that are genetically stable in E. coli.
Benefits of GeneArt® Gene Synthesis
- Flexible, custom process: Obtain the exact sequence you need in the vector of your choice—including challenging, complex constructs and custom vectors.
- Maximized protein yield: Optional sequence processing with GeneOptimizer® software generates sequence variants with enhanced mRNA stability and translational efficiency.
- Rapid synthesis and assembly: Standard turnaround times start at 10 business days (depending on sequence length). Accelerated options are also available.
- Excellent accuracy: All custom synthesized genes are sequenced as part of our ISO 9001:2008–certified quality management system; we only ship constructs with exact sequence agreement.
- Economical: The cost of the GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service rivals costs that would be incurred to purchase the oligonucleotides and molecular biology reagents required for gene synthesis. And then there is your time to consider.
- Efficient: Save time and labor by outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning so you can focus on your research.
GeneArt® Gene Synthesis process
Submitted DNA sequences are designed by our team of highly skilled scientists to include/exclude restriction enzyme sites and translation elements as requested, and are optionally optimized using our GeneOptimizer® software for maximum protein production.
Oligonucleotides synthesized in-house, with maximum sequence accuracy, serve as the building blocks for custom gene synthesis.
Genes are assembled using our GeneAssembler® process, which facilitates high-throughput gene assembly on an industrial scale for rapid order fulfilment. Using our GeneObserver® online tracking system, you can access detailed information about your order as it progresses through our synthesis process.
Constructs are cloned into one of our standard cloning vectors, or you can specify your own custom vector by adding a subcloning service (additional fees will apply)
All constructs are sequence-verified; only those that match the requested sequence 100% are shipped. The DNA is delivered as 5 µg lyophilized plasmid DNA in microcentrifuge tube
Quality is controlled using an ISO 9001:2008-certified process, which helps ensure reliability and reproducibility. A detailed synthesis report including plasmid map, sequence alignment, and restriction map is provided with each construct.