Revolutionizing Gel Electrophoresis Again
The E-Gel® Agarose Gel Electrophoresis System is a complete bufferless system for the analysis of DNA and RNA samples. E-Gel® Systems are:
- Convenient—cassettes are supplied ready to run
- Fast—electrophoresis in as little as 10 minutes
- Practical—compact footprint and room temperature storage of all components
New E-Gel® Systems
Now Life Technologies is revolutionizing gel electrophoresis again with the introduction of these new systems:
E-Gel® Agarose Gel Electrophoresis System
- NEW! E-Gel® Imager—the complexity of a larger imager in an economical, space-saving device
- E-Editor™ 2.0 Software*—free software aligns images for easy comparison
* E-Editor™ 2.0 Software is available free of charge with purchase of E-Gel® 96 gels and related equipment. This software may be downloaded from the Life Technologies website.
- Get the tools you need with the E-Gel® Starter Pack.**
- Choose E-Gel® DNA ladders & markers for your E-Gel® Electrophoresis System.
- Learn more about using E-Gel® CloneWell™ Gels and E-Gel® SizeSelect™ Gels, an elegant method to select and purify your DNA.
- Select the E-Gel® system that meets your needs.
** Starter Packs include an E-Gel® Base and 9 E-Gel® cassettes.
The E-Gel® Agarose Gel Electrophoresis System has self-contained agarose gels designed for fast, convenient, and easy electrophoresis of DNA and RNA samples. Each E-Gel® gel is ready to use, with agarose, electrodes, and nucleic acid stain packaged inside a dry, disposable, UV-transparent cassette. Just insert, load, and run your sample (Figure 1).
Figure 1. See how the E-Gel® System Works. It’s as easy as 1–2 –3. Step 1. Insert an E-Gel® precast gel cassette. Step 2. Load samples and markers. Step 3. Run with preset or personalized programs.
Routine DNA or RNA Electrophoresis With 8–16 DNA Samples Per Gel
Used with the E-Gel® iBase™ Power System, E-Gel® precast agarose gels offer fast, convenient, and easy electrophoresis of nucleic acids in the 20 bp–10 kb size range. The E-Gel® Electrophoresis System is ideal for analyzing PCR products, restriction digests, and plasmid preparations. With E-Gel® EX gels, you can run the gels in as little as 10 minutes and avoid the messy prep work of pouring hot agarose or making buffers and staining gels. Find out what you need to get started on an E-Gel® system.
High-Throughput DNA Screening With 48–96 DNA Samples Per Gel.
Turn routine agarose gel electrophoresis into an automated, high-throughput operation with the E-Gel® 48 and 96 Systems. Fully automated, robot-compatible, and ready to put into action, the E-Gel® 48 and 96 Systems make your high-throughput screening assignments as easy as plug-and-play. Learn more about the system requirements for the High-Throughput E-Gel® Electrophoresis System.