Custom Assay Design Services
Custom TaqMan® Assays designed for optimal performance
Designing optimized TaqMan® probes and primers can be time-consuming and may require multiple iterations. We provide millions of predesigned assays for a range of applications and a suite of tools to help you design a standard TaqMan® Assay (see side bar). For more complex designs, let our expert Bioinformatics team design an assay that will provide optimal results.
- Assay design for just about any species
- A choice of dyes and quenchers
- Degenerate sequence primers
- Assays with extra primers or probes (e.g., detection of different strains of virus with one assay)
- Multiplex assay design
- Identification of splice sites and SNPs in the target sequence
- Mapping of the probes and primers to the current transcript and/or genomic database
- Species cross-reactivity check
- Identification of potential probe and primer interactions
- Selection of the best probe and primer candidates
Assay design services are available for the following applications: gene expression, SNP genotyping, copy number variation, miRNA, somatic mutation using castPCR™ technology, and multiplex PCR.
Custom assay performance validation services are also available through our Custom Laboratory Services.
We also offer a host of tools to support the design of standard TaqMan® Assays (2 primers and 1 or 2 probes):
- Primer Express® Software to design primers and probes
- Custom TaqMan® design tools to submit a sequence for a custom design for more common species (human, mouse, rat, etc.). Tools are specific to the application:
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.