TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays
TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays quantitate miRNAs with the specificity and sensitivity of TaqMan® Assay chemistry. A simple, two-step protocol requires only reverse transcription with a miRNA-specific primer, followed by real-time PCR with TaqMan® probes. TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays are:
- Highly specific—quantitate only mature miRNAs, not precursors
- Sensitive—conserve limited samples; requires only 1-10 nanograms of total RNA or equivalent
- Fast, simple and scalable—two-step quantitative RT-PCR assay provides high-quality results in less than three hours
Our TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays catalogue is kept up to date with the Sanger database to provide comprehensive coverage with the most current annotation.
Looking to Design Your Own Assay? Custom TaqMan® Small RNA Assays let you design your own TaqMan® Assay when a predesigned TaqMan® MicroRNA Assay is not offered. Simply submit your sequence information online, and we'll manufacture an assay to your specifications.
Availability & Sizes: Made-to-Order assays are available in four different scales and usually ship within two weeks. Inventoried assays are prepackaged in Small scale and are ready to ship. Inventoried assays may also be purchased in larger sizes by ordering as MTO.
|Catalog #||Availability||# of RT/PCR Reactions|
|4440885||Made to Order||XS: 25/75|
|4440886||Made to Order||S: 50/150|
|4440887||Made to Order||M: 750/750|
|4440888||Made to Order||L: 2900/2900|
|Species:||TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays are available for a range of species including human, mouse, rat, Drosophila, C. elegans, and Arabidopsis. We will continue to increase the number of miRNA assays for these species in alignment with the Sanger miRBase Registry|
|Assay Components:||TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays are delivered in two tubes: one containing the RT primer, the other containing the specific pre-formulated TaqMan® Assay (TaqMan® probe and PCR primer set).|
|Available Assays:||Download: Complete list of TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays|
Shipping and Storage
Shipped at ambient temperature.
Store at –15ºC to –25ºC.
White Paper: Ambient Temperature Shipping Reduces Environmental Impact and Retains Quality and Stability
Manuals & Protocols
- Application Note: Endogenous Controls for Real-Time Quantitation of miRNA Using TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays
- Application Note: High Correlation of miRNA Quantitation Data from Matched FFPE and Snap-Frozen Tissues using TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays
- Customer Focus Story: TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays help researchers validate miRNA markers for forensic body fluid identification
- Poster: microRNA Quantitation by Real-time PCR
- Poster: TaqMan-based miRNA Profiles Classify Embryonic Stem and Differentiated Cells
- Product Bulletin: Quantitate microRNAs with the specificity and sensitivity of real-time PCR
- QRC: TaqMan® Small RNA Assays
- Protocol: Custom RT and PreAmp Pools using TaqMan® miRNA Assays
- Design Process for Small RNA Assays
- TaqMan® MicroRNA Assays FAQs
Contact Order & Web Support, Search FAQs, View Order History and Track Your Order
Contact a Technical Application Scientist, Search Product Documents & FAQs and Instrument Maintenance & Repair Requests