Single Tube Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assays
Custom TaqMan® Expression Assays are the custom version of our predesigned real-time PCR 5' nuclease TaqMan® Assays for relative quantification of RNA expression. Simply provide us with your target sequence of interest, or submit primer/probe sequences of your own design, and soon you'll be ready to perform RNA expression studies on any coding or non-coding RNA in any organism.
How to Order
- Review our Design and Ordering Guide (PDF) for best results.
- Use the Custom TaqMan® Assay Design Tool to input sequences, submit for design, and order Custom Assays.
Each custom assay is a mix of forward primer, reverse primer, and FAM™ dye-labeled TaqMan® MGB probe. Designed to run under universal oligo concentration and thermal cycling conditions for two-step RT-PCR, these assays are simple to use. Just add TaqMan® Master Mix and your cDNA sample to generate sensitive, reproducible, and truly quantitative RNA expression data.
Comparison of Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assay Products
There are two custom assay options to meet your RNA research needs: Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assays and Custom Plus TaqMan® RNA Assays. Both allow you to submit a target sequence to our TaqMan® Assay design pipeline, which uses your input sequence to design custom primer and probe sequences. See the key differences between the two options below:
|Feature||Custom Plus TaqMan® RNA Assays||Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assays|
|Bioinformatic analysis performed on input target sequences|
|In silico QC performed on assay sequences|
|Specificity option for gene-level or transcript-level detection|
|Contains TaqMan® FAM™-MGB probe and 2 unlabeled primers|
|Runs under universal thermal cycling conditions|
|Assay sequences provided|
|Available for any species||*Available for any species with genome information in the Life Technologies database|
|Automatic check for predesigned TaqMan® Assays which may detect input sequence|
Custom Plus TaqMan® RNA Assays are designed using the full bioinformatic power of the TaqMan® Assay design pipeline, which uses proprietary algorithms that have generated millions of assay designs and is regarded as the benchmark in the industry for qPCR design. If you do not need bioinformatics or QC checks performed on your sequences, then our standard Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assays will meet your needs.
Target sequence submission is easy using the Custom TaqMan® Assay Design Tool (CADT). Simply select your bioinformatic analysis and assay specificity preferences, and enter your target sequence. Sequence submissions are completely confidential; Life Technologies will not share your target sequences or assay sequences with any third parties.
If you do not have a pre-defined input sequence, the CADT will help you to search for sequences by keyword (gene symbol, accession number, etc.) or by genomic location in a broad range of the most popular and well-studied model species ranging from human and mouse to pig, dog, cow, Arabidopsis, and more.
|4331348||Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assay, SM||360 reactions, 20x|
|4332078||Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assay, MED||750 reactions, 20x|
|4332079||Custom TaqMan® Gene Expression Assay, LG||2900 reactions, 60x|
|4441114||Custom Plus TaqMan® RNA Assay, SM||360 reactions, 20x|
|4441117||Custom Plus TaqMan® RNA Assay, MED||750 reactions, 20x|
|4441118||Custom Plus TaqMan® RNA Assay, LG||2900 reactions, 60x|
- Bergmann O et al. 2011 Identification of cardiomyocyte nuclei and assessment of ploidy for the analysis of cell turnover. Exp Cell Res 2, 188-194
- Hevir N, Sinkovec J, Rizner TL 2011 Disturbed expression of phase I and phase II estrogen-metabolizing enzymes in endometrial cancer: lower levels of CYP1B1 and increased expression of S-COMT. Mol Cell Endocrinol 1, 158-167
- Colazzo F et al. 2011 Extracellular matrix production by adipose-derived stem cells: implications for heart valve tissue engineering. Biomaterials 1, 119-127
- White Paper: Ambient Temperature Shipping Reduces Environmental Impact and Retains Quality and Stability
- White Paper: Product Stability Study: TaqMan® Gene Expression Assays
- White Paper: The Design Process for a New Generation of Quantitative Gene Expression Analysis Tools: TaqMan® Probe-Based Assays for Human, Mouse, and Rat Genes