TaqMan® Mutation Detection Assays
TaqMan® Mutation Detection Assays detect somatic mutations in genes that are associated with cancer. These research use only assays are powered by competitive allele-specific TaqMan® PCR technology, also known as castPCR™ technology. The castPCR™ technology is highly specific and sensitive, and it can detect rare amounts of mutated DNA in a sample that contains large amounts of normal, wild type DNA.
- High specificity—mutant allele detection is based on an allele-specific primer, while the wild-type background is suppressed by an MGB blocker oligonucleotide
- High sensitivity—assays can detect as low as 0.1% mutant molecules in a background of wild type gDNA as demonstrated in spiking experiments
- Wide dynamic range and excellent PCR efficiency—assays demonstrate at least 4 logs of dynamic range and an average efficiency of 100 ± 10%
- Fast, simple workflow—like other TaqMan® Assays, typically requires 3 hours from sample to results, with minimum hands-on time
- Our current assay set covers 778 assays to key mutation targets in 46 cancer genes
|Catalog #||Product Name||Availability|
|4465804||TaqMan® Mutation Detection Assays (mutant allele assays and wild type allele assays)||Inventoried|
|4465805||TaqMan® EGFR Exon 19 Deletions Assay (mutant allele assay to 19 different EGFR exon 19 deletions)||Inventoried|
|4465807||TaqMan® Mutation Detection Reference Assays (gene reference assays)||Inventoried|
|4467538||TaqMan® Mutation Detection IPC Reagent Kit||Inventoried|
|Discrimination:||castPCR™ technology combines allele-specific TaqMan® qPCR with allele-specific MGB oligonucleotide blocker to effectively suppress non-specific amplification from the off-target allele.|
|Assay Components:||Each pre-formulated mutant or wild type allele assay contains:
A 10X mix of unlabeled PCR primers, a TaqMan® MGB probe (FAM™ dye-labeled), and an MGB oligonucleotide blocker
Each pre-formulated gene reference assay contains:
A 10X mix of unlabeled PCR primers and a TaqMan® MGB probe (FAM™ dye-labeled)
|Reactions:||Sufficient for 150 10µl reactions in a 384-well plate or 75 20µl reactions in a 96-well plate.|
|Expiration Date:||2 years from the date of manufacture|
|Assay Information File:||Includes sales order number, part number, assay ID, NCBI gene name, and entrez gene ID. Also includes Sanger COSMIC ID, nucleotide mutation, amino acid change, and mutation type.|
|Documentation :||Each assay shipment contains a CD-ROM disc containing:
Shipping and Storage
Shipped at ambient temperature.
Assays should be stored at -15°C to -25°C in the dark, and minimize freeze-thaw cycles.