ZOOM® IPGRunner™ System
Whether you require high-throughput results or a low-cost, effective means for 2D electrophoresis—or both—the ZOOM® IPGRunner™ System is a great choice.
Analyzing complex protein samples using traditional two-dimensional (2D) electrophoresis methods is tedious and time-consuming. Now you can obtain high-resolution results quickly and easily with the oil-free ZOOM® IPGRunner™ System. The mini-gel format is easy to handle and allows you to focus on the separation range you want. You'll get the separation you need, in a fraction of the time, with much less hassle.
- Separate proteins in as little as 3 hours
- Unique design eliminates messy mineral oil
- Easy-to-handle IPG Strips
- Self-contained cassettes simplify rehydration and focusing
1D/2D Electrophoresis using the ZOOM® IPGRunner™ System
First dimension (IEF):
The ZOOM® IPGRunner™ System is an oil-free platform for focusing of up to 12 samples, in as little as 3 hours.
The 7 cm ZOOM® Strips are immobilized pH gradient (IPG) gels available in wide pH range formats (3–10, 4–7, and 6–10) for broader analysis, and in one-unit narrow pH range strips (4.5–5.5, 5.3–6.3, and 6.1–7.1) for expanded protein separation within a specific region of interest.
The ZOOM® Carrier Ampholytes are small, soluble molecules with both positive and negative charge groups, that sort at their relative position based upon their isoelectric field, setting up a pH gradient. Carrier ampholytes help to stabilize the pH gradient and current in IPG strips and aid in protein solubility, resulting in more reproducible IEF resolution.
Second dimension (SDS-PAGE):
Following isoelectric focusing, the ZOOM® Strips load easily into the NuPAGE® and Novex® ZOOM® Gels, for 2D separation of proteins by molecular weight.
The separated proteins can then be visualized with any of a number of stains, blotted to membranes, or digested and extracted for identification by mass spectrometry.
ZOOM® 2D Protein Solubilizers are ready-to-use detergent chaotrope blends that enhance solubilization of the most difficult proteins, including hydrophobic and membrane proteins, and improve resolution and detection of novel proteins by 2DE. ZOOM® 2D Protein Solubilizers are designed to:
- Save time and eliminate preparation errors
- Provide reproducible results
- Retain protein solubility throughout 1D separation
ZOOM® Proteomic Grade Reagents
We also offer a comprehensive line of ZOOM® proteomic-grade reagents, including urea, thiourea, CHAPS, carrier ampholytes pH 3–10, focusing buffers, anode buffers, and cathode buffers to help ensure optimal conditions for sample preparation.
With the ZOOM® IPGRunner™ System, complete 2D electrophoresis is possible in less than 5 hours from sample to image.
- Boldt, A, Fortunato, D, Conti, A, Petersen, A, Ballmer-Weber, B, Lepp, U, Reese, G, and Becker, W-M “Analysis of the composition of an immunoglobulin E reactive high molecular weight protein complex of peanut extract containing Ara h 1 and Ara h 3/4” Proteomics 2005 Feb;5(3):675-86.
- Gonzalez, S, Prives, C, and Cordon-Cardo, C “p73a Regulation by Chk1 in Response to DNA Damage” Mol. Cell. Biol. 2003 Nov;23(22):8161-71.
- Tetlow, IJ, Wait, R, Lu, Z, Akkasaeng, R, Bowsher, CG, Esposito, S, Kosar-Hashemi, B, Morell, MK, and Emes, MJ “Protein Phosphorylation in Amyloplasts Regulates Starch Branching Enzyme Activity and Protein-Protein Interactions” Plant Cell 2004 Mar;16:694-708.
- Tawde, PD “Allergenic Cross-reactivity between Cashew and Pistachio Nuts” 2004 Masters Thesis, Dept. Biol. Sci. The Florida State University
- Zancai P, Dal Col J, Piccinin S, Guidoboni M, Cariati R, Rizzo S, Boiocchi M, Maestro R, Dolcetti R. “Retinoic acid stabilizes p27(Kip1) in EBV-immortalized lymphoblastoid B cell lines through enhanced proteasome-dependent degradation of the p45(Skp2) and Cks1 proteins” Oncogene. 2005 Feb 14; [Epub ahead of print]
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.