2. Berger J, Hauber J, Hauber R et al. (1988) Secreted placental alkaline phosphatase: a powerful new quantitative indicator of gene expression in eukaryotic cells. Gene 66:1–10.
3. Bronstein I, Fortin JJ, Voyta JC et al. (1994a) Chemiluminescent reporter gene assays: Sensitive detection of the GUS and SEAP gene products. Biotechniques 17:172–178.
4. Brown MA, Zhao Q, Baker KA et al. (2005) Crystal structure of BMP-9 and functional interactions with pro-region and receptors. J Biol Chem 280:25111–25118.
5. Cao HB, Wang A, Martin B et al. (2005) Down-regulation of IL-8 expression in human airway epithelial cells through helper-dependent adenoviral-mediated RNA interference. Cell Res 15:111–119.
6. Cullen B, Malim M (1992) Secreted placental alkaline phosphatase as a eukaryotic reporter gene. MethodsEnzymol 216:362–368.
7. Duboise M, Guo J, Czajak S et al. (1998) A role for Herpesvirus Saimiri orf14 in transformation and persistent infection. J Virol 72:6770–6776.
8. Hobbs WE, Brough DE, Kovesdi I et al. (2001) Efficient activation of viral genomes by levels of Herpes Simplex Virus ICP0 insufficient to affect cellular gene expression or cell survival. J Virol 75:3391–3403.
9. Hwang DR, Tsai YC, Lee JC et al. (2004) Inhibition of Hepatitis C virus replication by arsenic trioxide. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2876–2882.
10. Johnson WE, Morgan J, Reitter J et al. (2002) A replication-competent, neutralization-sensitive variant of Simian Immunodeficiency Virus lacking 100 amino acids of envelope. J Virol 76:2075–2086.
11. Kagan JC, Stein MP, Pypaert M et al. (2004) Legionella subvert the functions of Rab1 and Sec22b to create a replicative organelle. J Exp Med 199:1201–1211.
12. Khan AS, Smith LC, Abruzzese RV et al. (2003) Optimization of electroporation parameters for the intramuscular delivery of plasmids in pigs. DNA Cell Biol 22:807–814.
13. Latta-Mahieu M, Rolland M, Caillet C et al. (2002) Gene transfer of a chimeric trans-activator is immunogenic and results in short-lived transgene expression. Hum Gene Ther 13:1611–1620.
14. Pohlmann S, Krumbiegel M, Kirchhoff F (1999) Coreceptor usage of BOB/GPR15 and Bonzo/STRL33 by primary isolates of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. J Gen Virol 80:1241–1251.
15. Poser S, ImpeyS, Xia Z et al. (2003) Brain-derived neurotrophic factor protection of cortical neurons from serum withdrawal-induced apoptosis is inhibited by cAMP. J Neurosci 23:4420–4427.
16. O’Connor KL, Culp LA (1994) Quantitation of two histochemical markers in the same extract using chemiluminescent substrates. BioTechniques 17:502–509.
17. Riera M, Chillon M, Aran JM et al. (2004) Intramuscular SP1017-formulated DNA electrotransfer enhances transgene expression and distributes hHGF to different rat tissues. J Gene Med 6:111–118.
18. Rubenstrunk A, Orsini C, Mahfoudi A et al. (2003) Transcriptional activation of the metallothionein I gene by electric pulses in vivo: Basis for the development of a new gene switch system. J Gene Med 5:773–783.
19. Sakai J, Rawson RB, Espenshade PJ et al. (1998) Molecular identification of the sterol-regulated luminal protease that cleaves SREBPs and controls lipid composition of animal cells. Mol Cell 2:505–514.
20. Zabeau L, Defeau D, Van der Heyden J et al. (2004) Functional analysis of leptin receptor activation using a Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription complementation assay. Mol Endocrinol
21. Zhang J, Ou J, Bashmakov Y et al. (2001) Insulin inhibits transcription of IRS-2 gene in rat liver through an insulin response element (IRE) that resembles IREs of other insulin-repressed genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
22. Zhao H, Peeters BPH (2003) Recombinant Newcastle Disease Virus as a viral vector: Effect of genomic location of foreign gene on gene expression and virus replication. J Gen Virol 84:781–788.