Reduce Sample Complexity in Proteomics - No Columns Required!
Based on reversed phase chromatography (Dynabeads® RPC 18 and Dynabeads® RPC Protein ) or ion exchange (Dynabeads® WCX, Dynabeads® SCX and Dynabeads® SAX), these beads can fractionate mixed protein and peptide samples quickly and easily for downstream analysis e.g. mass spectrometry. Efficient, reproducible isolation enables high recoveries in very small volumes, which is critical in biomarker discovery.
- Reduce sample complexity to improve dynamic range
- Concentrate and fractionate
- Remove unwanted salts and contaminants
- Perform serum profiling
- Automate your protocols on a wide variety of platforms
- Scale your protocols
- Avoid columns or centrifugation
- Produce reproducible results
- Work with small amounts of starting material
- Work with viscous samples
- Process 96 samples per day using new high throughput protocol for Peptide Profiling
Protein/peptide fractions obtained can be applied to Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation (MALDI) targets or in other downstream applications such as electrospray-MS, HPLC or 1D/2D gel electrophoresis. Dynabeads® are also optimal for automated applications due to their small size (1 µm), low sedimentation rate, and high magnetic mobility.
Figure 1. How to use reversed phase chromatography or ion exchangeDynabeads® for sample preparation prior to mass spec analysis.