Bolt™ Western Packs
The Bolt™ Western Packs provide all of the reagents and buffers you will need to run your western transfer.
Each pack contains:
- 2 Bolt™ Mini Blot Modules
- 125 mL Bolt™ Transfer Buffer (20X)
- 15 mL Bolt™ Antioxidant
- Blotting membrane/filter paper sandwich, 20/pack
- Nitrocellulose 0.2 µm in Western Pack Cat. No. B1000A
- PVDF 0.2 µm in Western Pack Cat. No. B1000B
Convenient, Reliable Western Transfer
The Bolt™ Mini Blot Module conveniently fits into the Bolt™ Mini Gel Tank and is designed to make your western transfers simple and easy to perform.
- Universal module design—allows modules to fit in either chamber of the tank, simplifying the transfer setup
- Unique gasket seal—helps prevent buffer leakage so there is no mess during setup of your western transfer
- 1/2 inch buffer chamber—requires only half the volume of methanol-based transfer buffer and helps save you money
- Standard 60 min transfer protocol—accelearates your western workflow so you can get results faster
- Robust electrodes, sturdy steel plates—for highly efficient and reliable western transfers
Western Blotting With High-Quality Reagents
For downstream western blot analyses, be sure to use high-quality, high-specificity secondary antibodies to deliver the best-quality western blot. All Novex® secondary antibodies are specially purified to reduce cross-reactivity with bovine antigens. Available secondary antibody reagents include goat anti-rabbit and goat anti-mouse polyclonal alkaline phosphatase conjugates.
High-Performance Western Transfer
The Bolt™ Bis-Tris Plus electrophoresis and transfer system preserves protein integrity due to its neutral-pH formulation and mild sample preparation conditions, so you can minimize the protein degradation commonly observed with Tris-glycine gels.
- Excellent band quality—attributed to Novex® Bis-Tris Plus chemistry, which is designed to deliver sharp, straight, uniform bands (see figure)
- Greater western sensitivity—optimized for greater western sensitivity with consistency across dilution series
- Superior protein integrity and cleaner blots—western blots from Bolt™ gels show strong signals from full-length, undegraded proteins, compared to western blots from Tris-glycine gels that show a greater degree of protein degradation (see figure)
A western blot of a Bolt™ gel shows clean, sharp protein signals corresponding to only full-length proteins, whereas a western blot of a Bio-Rad® TGX™ gel shows multiple low-molecula- weight degradation products. Protein kinases implicated in cancer (IKKB, HCK, EPHB3, MAPK14, FLT1, and DDR2) were analyzed on (A) a Bolt™ Bis-Tris Plus gel and (B) a Bio-Rad® TGX™ Tris-glycine gel. Protein samples were prepared for electrophoresis according to each manufacturer’s protocol. The purified kinases (50 ng each) as GST fusion proteins, along with MagicMark™ XP protein standard and purified recombinant GST, were loaded in a Bolt™ 4-12% gel and a Bio-Rad® TGX™ 4-20% gel. The samples were separated and transferred to PVDF membranes using the Bolt™ Mini Blot Module for the Bolt™ gels or on the Bio-Rad transfer system. Blot detection was performed using an anti-GST antibody and a WesternBreeze® Chemiluminescence Detection Kit. The membranes were then imaged using an LAS-1000 system (FujiFilm) with an exposure time of 1 minute.
Bolt™ Module Videos
|Bolt™ Western Pack A (Nitrocellulose)—contains:||Bolt™ Western Pack B (PVDF)—contains:|