Ion Reporter™ Software
Simplify your bioinformatics path to research results
Ion Reporter™ Solutions help remove the barriers of NGS data analysis, from human variant detection to microbial diversity.
Get started today for free
With preloaded demo research datasets for human exome, 16S metagenomics, and more, it’s simple to try Ion Reporter™ Software for yourself. Simply log in to your lifetechnologies.com account to access the cloud-based Ion Reporter™ Software.
Start now ›
Video: Ion Reporter™ solutions are ever-evolving to help meet the challenges of NGS data analysis. Dr. Carl Dowds, Sr. Product Manager of Informatics Applications, talks about the latest version of Ion Reporter™ Software and what it offers.
Ion Reporter™ Software provides an optimized suite of simple data analysis tools that streamline Ion PGM™ and Ion Proton™ System data analysis, so you can focus on finding the biological meaning of your data.
Easy data analysis across a variety of research applications
- Simplify your data analysis with easy-to-use preconfigured and customizable workflows, providing flexibility for users of any experience level.
- Easily identify relevant variants with annotations from >20 public databases.
Fast results with automated workflows
- Quickly focus on your variants of interest with simple result filtering. Then save your filter settings for standardized workflows.
- Optimized workflows help accelerate your time to research results for Ion AmpliSeq™ targeted gene panels so you can go from sample to variants in a single day.
Security for your data
- Control access with role-based logins, locked workflows, and audit logs to help maintain a traceable and secure environment.
- Analyze and securely share data in the cloud, or analyze and store data on-site with the local Ion Reporter™ Server System.
Ion Reporter™ Data Analysis Workflow
Single or Paired Sample Analysis
Identify differences between a single sample and a reference genome, or explore differences between variants in sample pairs.
Inherited Disease Trio AnalysisExplore variants within a pedigree.
Detect aneuploidies and large chromosome abnormalities from single whole-genome samples with low coverage.
Gene Fusion Analysis
Tumor-Normal Comparison Analysis
Identify somatic mutations using advanced statistical approaches.
Copy Number Variation Analysis
Identify copy number variations (CNV) automatically in Ion AmpliSeq™ workflows.
Annotate only (no analysis)
16S Metagenomics Analysis
Determine the microbial diversity in one or more 16S samples using reference content from MicroSEQ® DB and GreenGenes.
Ion Reporter™ Server System
The Ion Reporter™ Server System combines the ease of use of Ion Reporter™ Software with the control and access of a powerful computer server in your own building.
- Maintain a secure environment with controlled, local access on a server designed to the same robust data security standards as are described in the HIPAA rules, standards, and implementation guides
- Control software versions and update on your timeline
- Accelerate your clinical research with fast upload and analysis times
- Access the same software and workflows as offered in the cloud version
Archive data with 20 TB of usable storage
|Ion chip||Storage capacity (# runs)|
|Ion 314™ Chip||20,000|
|Ion 316™ Chip||10,000|
|Ion 318™ Chip||4,000|
|Ion PI™ Chip||400|
|Ion PII™ Chip*||200|
Find your biological meaning fast
Partek® Flow® software on the Ion Reporter™ Server
In addition to the Ion Reporter™ Software, the Ion Reporter™ Server System can also host third-party Partek® Flow® software for RNA-Seq data analysis. Hosted side by side with the Ion Reporter™ software, Partek® Flow® software enables simple RNA-Seq data analysis with preconfigured, Ion Torrent™-validated whole-transcriptome and small-RNA data analysis pipeline optimized for Ion Proton™ sequencing data.
Read more about data analysis with Ion Reporter™ Software
Note: Hosted Data Storage includes cloud-based Ion Reporter™ Software data analysis and storage.
*The content provided herein may relate to products that have not been officially released and is subject to change without notice.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.