TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Panel and data analysis
Characterize stem cell lines relative to a standard
The new TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Panel evaluates pluripotency and detects germ layer bias by using real-time qPCR assays and intuitive data analysis software.
Developed under research collaboration with Alex Meissner
The hPSC Scorecard™ gene panel was developed in collaboration with Alex Meissner, and follows from his landmark publication (Cell 2011 144:439–452). The panel is designed to give researchers anywhere in the world the ability to characterize cell lines relative to a standard.
What is it?
The TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Panels enable verification of pluripotency and determination of lineage bias for both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cell lines. The Scorecard panels (available in 96 and 384-well format) contain 94 predefined TaqMan® Gene Expression assays (including endogenous controls) dried-down in assay plate wells. The panel of genes was developed in collaboration with Alex Meissner, and based on his landmark publication (Cell 144:439-452 (2011)).
The TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Panel provides:
- Confidence in your data through validated, focused gene content
- An easy-to-use platform for assessing pluripotency and trilineage bias
- Comparison of results to a reference standard and across multiple experiments
Overview of protocol:
- Test pluripotent, random differentiation (EB) or inductive differentiation samples
- Extract and purify RNA
- Generate cDNA
- Run gene expression panel on QuantStudio™ 12K Flex, ViiA™ 7 or StepOnePlus™ Real Time PCR Systems
- Upload .eds files to the hPSC Scorecard™ Analysis Software
- Analyze results using the intuitive hPSC Scorecard™ Software Analysis Tool
How the TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Panel works
Differentiated ESC/iPSC: Embryoid bodies (week 1) - or - Directly differentiated cells. Sample requirements: >5 x 106 cells/sample
Differentiated ESC/iPSC (EBs)
8 reverse transcription (RT) reactions per RNA sample
TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Panel
Experiment type: Standard Curve
ViiA™ 7 or QuantStudio™ real-time PCR systems—384-well block
- TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Panel 384w
- TaqMan® hPSC Scorecard™ Kit 384w
- TaqMan® Gene Expression Master Mix
ViiA™ 7 or StepOnePlus™ real-time PCR systems—96-well FAST block