Help Ensure Quality Results by Verifying Thermal Cycler Temperatures
Temperature accuracy is central to the performance of your thermal cyclers. Let Life Technologies verify the temperatures of your instruments to help ensure the accuracy and quality of your results.
Multiplex Dynamic Temperature Verification (MDTV) Service
More Confidence. Less Time. Less Money.
Frequent verification of your thermal cyclers will help assess the accuracy and uniformity of the PCR block to ensure that you obtain the optimal performance level from your PCR instrument and have the necessary performance documentation for accreditation. Proper care of your PCR system, which includes frequent temperature verification, will save you from unexpected PCR instrument downtime, minimize downstream sequencing costs, and preserve valuable samples that could be lost due to inaccurate readings.
Save Time and Money While Gaining More Confidence in your Results and Accreditation Compliance with our On-Site MDTV Service
Our on-site Multiplex Dynamic Temperature Verification (MDTV) Service uses an innovative dynamic temperature verification system to measure up to 5 thermal cyclers simultaneously in less than 1 hour. The measurement system, specifically developed for Life Technologies PCR instruments, consists of a 9-channel probe and automated data acquisition and analysis software to deliver the fastest and most accurate temperature readings on your PCR unit.
Only the MDTV Service from Life Technologies can help you:
- Gain greater confidence in your results and accreditation compliance, with more accurate temperature verification assessment and improved documentation
- Save days of PCR system downtime, with an up-to-15-fold faster temperature verification system that has a run time from start to printed results of less than 1 hour.
- Save thousands of dollars in lost sample, wasted reagent, and downstream sequencing costs due to invalid results from inaccurate temperature performance
The MDTV Service provides more accurate readings and improved documentation from highly qualified and certified Life Technologies Field Service Engineers (FSEs) to ensure that you have the highest level of confidence that your PCR system temperature verification is correct and well documented.
- Increased Accuracy—the MDTV Service provides a comprehensive measurement of parameters and increased data sampling resolution of 3 samples per second for 5 accuracy set points:
- temperature accuracy
- temperature uniformity
- temperature stability
- overshoot and undershoot
- ramp rate (up and down)
The MDTV measurement unit also has increased accuracy set points for critical PCR reaction temperatures (60⁰C, 72⁰C, and 95⁰C), as well as the flexibility to change set points for your validated protocols. This helps to ensure that you are consistent with your regulatory requirements for PCR certification, eliminating the need to reoptimize your protocols. The MDTV Service is more accurate than other temperature verification services or in-house tests because temperature verification is performed with the heated cover closed, just like a real cycle run, eliminating environmental air flow distorting the thermal field.
- Improved Documentation—to help meet your accreditation requirements and for improved compliance management, the MDTV Service provides more detailed documentation than is available through other temperature verification services or when performed in-house. Figure 1 shows a passing dynamic stability plot test; the 9 channels measure consistently throughout the run at the 60.0 Degree Celsius set point. Figure 2 shows a failing dynamic stability plot; the 9 channels are consistently grouped across the y access, but the trend varies from -5 Degrees to +5 Degrees above the 85 Degree Celsius set point.
With each MDTV Service, an automated analysis and professional Certificate of Analysis report is provided. Each report contains dynamic plots for each run referencing the original instrument specifications and tracing the national and international standards that will both satisfy regulatory standards for PCR certification and meet internal quality control requirements. Multiple preformatted report options are also available that provide the flexibility of printing either:
1. a summary report for a quick review of temperature verification results and simpler record keeping for regulatory audits, or
2. the full detailed report, which includes raw data files for more comprehensive history tracking, traceability of results, and easier troubleshooting.
Unlike most methods that employ static temperature collection with a single probe, the MDTV Service uses a 9-channel unit and rapid data collection system that enables up to 15-fold faster temperature verification. With the multiplex measurement unit used in the MDTV Service, it takes less than 1 hour, from run time to printed results, to perform temperature verification on up to 5 PCR systems simultaneously. This parallel processing allows you to move from days of downtime to only minutes, providing you increased PCR instrument availability.
A temperature verification service provides assurance that your PCR unit is running optimally before you run your samples. This can save you thousands of dollars in additional reagent and sample costs that would be incurred to repeat a run or multiple runs on your system. The MDTV Service provides the most accurate temperature verification information for your Life Technologies PCR instrument, so you can trust that your PCR results are correct, minimizing downstream sequencing costs and preserving valuable sample.
With regularly scheduled MDTV Service on-site verifications, operating expenses can be planned and budgeted more effectively. You can save up to 50% on existing temperature verification services and DIY service options when you eliminate the significant expense related to maintaining a calibrated temperature verification tool and perform temperature verifications on 5 or more units in a single Field Service visit.
Flexible MDTV Service Options
The MDTV Service can be requested as a stand-alone service, added to a Life Technologies service contract, or provided along with a planned maintenance service. To add the MDTV Service to an existing service contract or planned maintenance request, reference Cat. No. ZGVM.
Stand Alone Service
For customers with less than 5 thermal cyclers, we will continue to support your temperature verification needs with our standard On-Site Temperature Verification Service.
On-Site Temperature Verification Service benefits include:
- Quality service—using validated and verified test procedures, Life Technologies–certified Field Service Engineers (FSEs) help ensure that the temperature verification of your instrument meets appropriate specifications
- Optimized lab efficiency—by performing temperature verification on site, our certified FSEs help you avoid the downtime associated with sending your instrument to a repair center while also saving you from having to use valuable in-house technical resources
- Budget control—through regularly scheduled on-site verifications, operating expenses can be planned and budgeted, along with eliminating the expense related to maintaining a calibrated temperature verification tool
- Documentation—to help meet your compliance requirements, a certificate of temperature verification is provided
With On-Site Temperature Verification, you receive:
- Sample block temperature accuracy verification at two temperatures
- Temperature non-uniformity verification, performed at two temperatures and eight sample-well locations
- Certificate of verification stating that your instrument’s temperature is working within appropriate specifications
Flexible Service Plan Options
To provide you with the proper level of support, Applied Biosystems offers several options to help meet your instrument temperature verification requirements and fit your budget. We offer the Temperature Verification Service as part of our AB Assurance Service Plan, AB Repair Center, On-Site Planned Maintenance Service Plan, or as an value added service to supplement your in-house capabilities.
Availability of On-Site Temperature Verification Service
We offer the On-site Temperature Verification Service on the following Applied Biosystems® instruments:
Real-Time qPCR Instruments
- 7300 Real-Time PCR System
- 7500 Real-Time PCR System
- 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System
- 7900 Fast Real-Time PCR System
- 7900HT Fast Real-Time PCR System
- StepOne™ Real-Time PCR System
- StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System
- ViiA™ 7 Real-Time PCR System
Thermal Cycler Instruments
- Veriti® 60-Well Thermal Cycler
- Veriti® 96-Well/Fast Thermal Cycler*
- Veriti® 384-Well Thermal Cycler*
- 96 Well GeneAmp® PCR System 9700*
- Dual 384-Well GeneAmp® PCR System 9700*
- Auto-Lid Dual 384-Well GeneAmp® PCR System 9700*
- 9800 Fast Thermal Cycler*
- 2700 Thermal Cycler*
- 2720 Thermal Cycler*
* MDTV service available on these instruments only
For additional information on this service, please contact Life Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 800 327 3002 (toll-free in US only).
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.