Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics
Remotely and Proactively Monitor, Alert, Diagnose, and Correct Your Instrument Performance
The award-winning Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service, along with our highly experienced Remote Service Center team, will help you:
- Preserve valuable data, samples, and time
- Accelerate instrument uptime through real-time problem resolution and expedited technical assistance and support
- Lower support costs and reduce trial and error troubleshooting time
- Avoid unplanned lab operation interruptions
- Increase laboratory efficiency
- Remotely track critical system parameters
Life Technologies named among the top "best practice" winners by the Aberdeen Group for excellence in managing and delivering aftermarket services through the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Services
Learn more about our Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service:
What is remote monitoring and diagnostics?
Remote monitoring and diagnostics is a real-time remote instrument monitoring service that helps you maximize system uptime and improve productivity by:
- Notifying Life Technologies service engineers and the Remote Service Center support team when a situation is developing or exists that could lead to instrument problems or failure. This proactive monitoring allows us to take action before you experience unscheduled instrument downtime.
- Utilizing remote monitoring and diagnostics tools to help get a failed instrument up and running as fast as possible. A Life Technologies technical specialist will work remotely to identify the problem and correct it. If a Field Service Engineer must be dispatched to your site, this service helps ensure that they arrive with the right parts to get the job done fast.
How does the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service work?
Designed using leading-edge Device Relationship Management (DRM) technology, the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostic Service monitors your instrument using a secure proprietary communication method that works in conjunction with the Life Technologies software already installed on the PC used to operate your instrument. The remote monitoring agent, loaded on the system when your instrument is installed and activated at your request, communicates with the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics enterprise server at the Remote Service Center through an encrypted data transfer over the Internet. The remote monitoring application evaluates the performance of your instrument in real time and stores the data for trend analysis. If a problem is detected, the system notifies appropriate service personnel. The Remote Service Center team or your Field Service Engineer then diagnoses the issue by analyzing data on the remote monitoring server, a process that is performed remotely and without interruption to your lab operation. If further diagnosis is required, the Remote Service Center team or Field Service Engineer can, with your permission, remotely access the instrument workstation and work on the system directly. You may observe the remote service engineer performing these actions on your workstation screen. Once diagnosed, the problem may then be corrected immediately, as in the case of a problem due to a necessary software update or other electronic or PC-related adjustment. If a Field Service Engineer needs to be sent to your site to repair the problem, the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service helps ensure that they arrive on site with all necessary parts.
How will the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service help me?
When one of your instruments is down or not functioning at peak performance, you lose valuable data and time. With our Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service, we can remotely and proactively track critical system parameters over the Internet and identify potential instrument problems before they affect your lab's efficiency.
With the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service, we can help you increase efficiency, maximize instrument uptime, and reduce costs by:
- Automatically monitoring system performance trends
- Identifying and responding to existing and potential problems quickly and easily
- Helping your staff avoid time spent on trial-and-error troubleshooting
- Helping you eliminate unscheduled visits and overtime charges by having our service representatives proactively diagnose problems and arrive on site with the right parts
- Helping you to avoid loss of samples and critical data
- Improving efficiency with automatic custom reporting, including reports on instrument productivity and performance history (by request)
Is my data secure?
With the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service, we can help you improve efficiency, maximize instrument uptime, and reduce costs without impacting data security. The Remote Monitoring and Diagnostic Service does not provide Life Technologies access to your experimental data. It only offers access to instrument system diagnostic information.
Life Technologies uses the Verisign® certified technology with HTTPS security, Port 443 secure connection, data encryption, and unidirectional data transfer to help ensure that your information is secure.
If you or your information technology department have specific questions about this service, please contact the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 800 327 3002, option 4 (toll free in US only).
Which instruments have the remote monitoring and diagnostics agent?
The Remote Monitoring and Diagnostic Service is currently available on select Applied Biosystems® genetic analysis research instruments and real-time PCR- systems, and the Ion Torrent™ Personal Genome Machine™ Sequencer.
This service is included in our instrument warranty and AB Complete and AB Assurance Service Plans, and is also available on a subscription basis.
The Remote Monitoring and Diagnostic Service is available on the following instruments:Real-time PCR
- 7500 Real-Time PCR System
- 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System
- 7900HT Real-Time PCR System
- StepOne™ Real-Time PCR System
- StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System
- ViiA™ 7 Real-Time PCR System
- SOLiD® 3 System
- SOLiD® 4 System
- 5500 Genetic Analyzer
- 5500 xl Genetic Analyzer
- Ion Torrent™ Personal Genome Machine™ Sequencer
- Attune® Acoustic Focusing Cytometer
- 310 Genetic Analyzer
- 3100 Genetic Analyzer
- 3100-Avant™ Genetic Analyzer
- 3130 Genetic Analyzer
- 3130xl Genetic Analyzer
- 3130xl Genetic Analyzer
- 3500xl Genetic Analyzer
- 3730 Genetic Analyzer
- 3730xl Genetic Analyzer
- 3730xl Genetic Analyzer
Who is using the Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Service?
With a combination of remote preemptive monitoring and remote diagnostics, many of our customers are experiencing a significant increase in instrument uptime. Learn why our customers choose to use this service:
Get connected today. Contact the Remote Service Center:
email@example.com or by telephone at 800 955 6288 option 3, then option1 (toll free in US only).