The merger of Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen brought together an intellectual property and product portfolio that is truly enabling for many applications in molecular and cellular biology. Whether your interest is in detecting nucleic acid targets, proteins or small molecules, isolating cells or viruses, or analyzing tissues or whole animals, we have the toolbox for you. While we retain some of our technologies for use solely by our own company, many of our technologies are available for license, and we are glad to help you identify the technologies and products that will best support your own product and service development projects, and help you be as competitive as possible in your target markets.
Our tremendous experience in product development has provided us with extensive expertise in matching assays to instruments – let us help you match reagents to your instrument platforms, or instruments to your reagent platform.
Our portfolio of highly respected technologies includes:
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Intellectual property, reagents, controls and instruments to help you prepare samples, amplify, standardize and detect results using PCR as well as many other amplification techniques for RNA and DNA.
- Cloning and Expression Invitrogen® cloning technologies for simple, easy to use expression vector creation.
- Nucleic Acid Modification Enzymes and Polymerases Best in class nucleic acid amplification and sequencing enzymes, reverse transcriptases, nucleases, and many more, from our legacy Applied Biosystems® and Invitrogen® businesses.
- Sequencing Tools A range of detection and enzyme technologies, as well as sample preparation tools and instruments, for use in capillary electrophoresis as well as next generation sequencing.
- Sample Preparation and Magnetic Particles Dynal® magnetic bead technology coupled with Invitrogen ChargeSwitch® and Ambion MagMax® capabilities provides robust, complete solutions for your sample preparation needs, from nucleic acids to proteins to cells.
- Microspheres and Nanocrystals Industry-leading Dynal® magnetic bead technology as well as polystyrene and other beads, and Qdot® fluorescent nanocrystals.
- Fluorescent Labeling and Detection World renown Molecular Probes® fluorescent labeling and detection technology, including QDot® fluorescent nanocrystals (quantum dots) and Tropix® chemiluminescence technology, coupled with the best in fluorescent dye chemistry.
- Immunoassays, Antibodies, and Protein Detection Reagents Antibodies and immunoassays for Western blotting, flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry, bead-based assays, ELISAs and more, along with enzyme-based detection and signal amplification technologies, as well as custom conjugation.
- Cells and Cell Lines Gibco® CHO, primary and stem cell lines, along with specialized media and supplements, plus Invitrogen® competent cells for incorporation into your products and services.
- Recombinant Proteins Growth factors and media supplements as well as customized recombinant proteins for resale in your kits, as controls in your tests, and for inclusion in your specialized formulations.
- Electrophoresis Reagents and Ladders Invitrogen® gel electrophoresis reagents and ladders, coupled with Applied Biosystems capillary electrophoresis technology, for separation, detection and standardization, to meet your customers’ needs.
- Instruments, Software, and Firmware Applied Biosystems® capabilities in instrument platforms coupled with Invitrogen® benchtop instrument strength, coming together to help build you the best possible total solution for your customers.
- Controls and Calibration Standards Acrometrix® controls and standards for nucleic acid tests, as well as the best in fluorescent microsphere standards and fluorescent dyes, for use in your products and services, for applications ranging from diagnostics to food testing and more.