Pathway Focus: TheToll-Like Receptor (TLR) Pathway
- High biological activity
- High purity
- Proven compatibility with Gibco® media
Gibco® cytokines and growth factors are used in a wide variety of applications including cell stimulation, proliferation, and differentiation. Gibco® cytokines and growth factors have been bioassayed in cells cultured using Gibco® media. So if you’re already using Gibco® media, you can have more confidence in the compatibility of these reagents in your cell culture–based assays.
Activation of toll-like receptor signaling through IRF7 induces IFNα and IFNβ, promoting an antiviral immune response. Activation of toll-like receptor signaling through AP-1 and NF-κB induces IL-1β, IL-6, IL-8, IL-12, MIP-1α, MIP-1β, RANTES, and TNFα, mediating an inflammatory response.
- Learn More about Gibco® Cytokines and Growth Factors
- Simple to perform—add → incubate → analyze; no wash steps required
- Versatile—compatible with adherent cells, nonadherent cells, and certain tissues; use fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, HCS or fluorimetry, or a fluorescence microplate
- Simple to analyze—green-fluorescent cells are live; red-fluorescnt cells are dead
The LIVE/DEAD® Viability/Cytotoxicity Kit is a quick and easy, two-color assay to determine viability of cells in a population. The kit contains two probes: calcein AM and ethidium homodimer-1. Calcein AM is a fluorogenic esterase substrate that is hydrolyzed to a green-fluorescent product (calcein); thus green fluorescence is an indicator of cells that have esterase activity as well as an intact membrane to retain the esterase products.
The LIVE/DEAD® Viability/Cytotoxicity kit can detect cytotoxicity following activation of toll-like receptors. By clear discrimination between live and dead cells in a population, researchers will be able to quickly and easily assess cytotoxicity following activation of toll-like receptors.
- Learn More about the LIVE/DEAD® Viability/Cytotoxicity Kit
|LIVE/DEAD® Viability/Cytotoxicity Kit
- Superior results—accurate, reproducible, and sensitive quantitation of multiple TLR pathway markers
- Fast and easy—multiple tests per sample enable data collection and analysis typically in less than one day
High quality—in-house manufactured antibodies help ensure consistent high quality and excellent specificity and sensitivity
These 5-plex kits provide a series of combined reagents for the simultaneous measurement of human IL-1β, IL-6, IL-8, TNF-α, and GM-CSF in serum, plasma, or tissue culture supernatant. The assay may be run alone or in combination with other singleplex assay kits from Invitrogen.
Note: Human Inflammatory Cytokine 5-Plex Panel reagents are intended for use in the Luminex® 100™ or 200™ System only.
Assay validation includes bead and protein specificity, precision (intra- and inter-assay, 10%), parallelism between recombinant and natural samples, linearity of dilution, recovery (>80%), and comparison to ELISA (>90%). Premixed Multiplex Kits include General Buffer Reagent Kit components and Antibody Bead Kit components, with reagents premixed for the number of markers in the assay.
Toll-like receptor (TLR) signaling plays an essential role in the innate immune response. TLR signaling leads to the transcriptional activation of genes encoding for pro-inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, and co-stimulatory molecules, which subsequently control the adaptive immune response.
Multiplex analysis kits enable the simultaneous detection and quantification of multiple molecules activated through TLR signaling. The ability to monitor these key molecules in a single well provides user advantages in terms of time, sample type requirements, and data collection and analysis.
- Learn More about Luminex® Multiplex Technology
|Human Inflammatory Cytokine Magnetic 5-Plex Panel
||IL-1β, IL-6, IL-8, TNF-α, and GM-CSF
|Human Inflammatory Cytokine 5-Plex Panel
||IL-1β, IL-6, IL-8, TNF-α, and GM-CSF
- Better data—the use of Alexa Fluor® 488 dye produces brighter, more photostable Annexin V conjugates
- Simple conversion—Alexa Fluor® 488 dye easily fits into the same filter configuration as FITC
- Convenience—ready-to-use assays with validated flow cytometry protocols
- More economical—reduced price per test for larger and smaller kit formats
The Alexa Fluor® 488–Annexin V Apoptosis Detection Kits detect apoptotic cells using recombinant annexin V conjugated to the Alexa Fluor® 488 dye, and dead cells using propidium iodide (PI). After treatment with both probes, apoptotic cells fluoresce green, dead cells fluoresce red and green, and live cells show little or no fluorescence.
These kits allow researchers to make rapid flow cytometric–based assessments of apoptotic versus dead cells as part of their toll-like receptor pathway research.
- Learn More about Annexin V Conjugates for Flow Cytometry
Apoptosis detection by flow cytometry.
Camptothecin-induced Jurkat cells were stained with the recommended concentration of annexin V conjugate for 30 min, then washed, resuspended, and counterstained with propidium iodide. Cells were analyzed on the Attune™ Acoustic Focusing Cytometer using a 488 nm laser source and 530/30 nm and 575/24 nm emission filters.
|Dead Cell Apoptosis Kit with Annexin V Alexa Fluor® 488 and PI, 50 assays for flow cytometry
|Dead Cell Apoptosis Kit with Annexin V Alexa Fluor® 488 and PI, 250 assays for flow cytometry
|Annexin Binding Buffer, 5X concentrate for flow cytometry