EVOS® FLoid® Software & Firmware Updates
The EVOS® FLoid® Cell Imaging Station is an affordable, user-friendly imaging solution for the quick detection and verification of fluorescently labeled samples. It allows you to capture transmitted light and three-color fluorescent images of your cells and samples right at your benchtop. Find the latest software and firmware versions here and keep your EVOS® FLoid® Cell Imaging Station at optimal performance.
Have you registered your instrument?
Register your EVOS® FLoid® now >
What’s New in v22809?
Announcing FLoid® Software v1.3
Version 1.3 improves the performance of your FLoid® Cell Imaging Station and includes bug fixes and refinements of existing features. In addition, we’ve added some frequently requested features that significantly enhance image acquisition, handling, analysis, and printing.
Download and review the Installation Instructions before updating your software.
Release Notes *May 23, 2013*
- Acquisition—transmitted light defaults to 20%, which simplifies stage setting and focusing
- Saving format—.tif image saving capability while minimizing system crashes
- Save and print—users may save and print the exact image they see on the screen, including the scale bar and magnified image
- Print driver—allows user to use both Canon CP-800 and CP-900 printers
- Image manipulation—on-screen zoom in capture mode can now be achieved by double-clicking or by using the zoom scale at the top left of the image
*Important installation instructions
1. Insert fresh USB drive with at least 50MB available
2. Right click “Download” link for Software Update
3. Select “Save Link as”
NOTE FOR IE USERS: If the file name reads .zip, change to .lft
4. Select USB Drive and press save (File name should have .lft extension)
5. Turn on the Floid Cell Imaging Station and wait for the start up sequence to complete.
6. Plug USB flash drive into an available USB receptacle slot on the FLoid instrument.
7. Select the settings tab and click the update button.
8. The update will unpack, then a prompt will ask if you want to update. Click YES.
9. The update will run while progress bars are displayed for each step.
CAUTION: DO NOT REMOVE THE USB DRIVE DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS.
10. After the update has completed, remove the USB drive and restart the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station.
11. When the software has fully loaded, the Image Acquisition screen appears and the instrument is ready for use.
|Update to||Version No.||Released|
|Firmware||22809||5/23/2013||Download [1.21 MB]|
EVOS® FLoid® Firmware Update v22809—Info and Instructions
Step 1—download and save to a clean USB drive:
Insert a USB drive into an open USB port on your computer. If an AutoPlay window appears, click the red “x” button to close it.
Step 2—Prepare USB drive for formatting
Format the USB drive by opening the computer window to show the available drives. Right click on the USB drive and choose Format.
Step 3—Start USB drive formatting
Uncheck the Quick Format option and click the Start button. When you are sure you have selected the correct disk to format, click the OK button. A status bar will display the progress during the formatting process. When done, a Format Complete window will pop up. Click the OK button and then close the format window.
Step 4—Save firmware update file to USB drive
Save the update file (FLoidUpdate_Rev130_22809.lft) to the newly formatted USB drive.
Step 5—Insert USB drive to FLoid® instrument
Turn on the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station and wait until the start-up sequence is complete. Insert the USB drive containing the update into an available USB port, select the Settings tab, and click the Update button.
Step 6—Confirm update
The update will unpack, then a prompt will ask if you want to update. Click YES.
Step 7—Wait while FLoid updates
The update will run while progress bars are displayed for each step.
Step 8—Remove USB drive and restart
After the update has completed, remove the USB drive and restart the FLoid® Cell Imaging Station.
Step 9—Ready for use
When the software has fully loaded, the Image Acquisition screen appears and the instrument is ready for use.