Alexa Fluor® 594 dye is a bright, red-fluorescent dye that can be excited using the 561 nm or 594 nm laser lines. For stable signal generation in imaging and flow cytometry, Alexa Fluor® 594 dye is pH-insensitive over a wide molar range.
Probes with high fluorescence quantum yield and high photostability allow detection of low-abundance biological structures with great sensitivity. Alexa Fluor® 594 dye molecules can be attached to proteins at high molar ratios without significant self-quenching, enabling brighter conjugates and more sensitive detection.
We offer Alexa Fluor® 594 dye conjugated to a variety of antibodies, peptides, proteins, tracers, and amplification substrates optimized for cellular labeling and detection. In addition, reactive dye forms and protein labeling kits are available to allow you to generate your own antibody conjugates or probes.
Alexa Fluor® 594 dye dashboard
Photostability in buffer
Photostability in antifade
Performance in SRM
Common filter set
Alexa Fluor® 594 products
We offer a broad range of Alexa Fluor® 594 products including labeling kits, secondary antibodies, bioconjugates, and more:
- Super-resolution microscopy (SRM) applications
- Antibody labeling kits for direct detection
- Primary antibodies for direct detection
- Secondary antibodies for flexible labeling
- Streptavidin conjugates for signal amplification
- Tyramide labeling kits for ultimate sensitivity
- Phalloidin conjugates for actin staining
- Annexin V conjugates for apoptosis imaging
- Hydrazides for neuronal tracing
- Labeled nucleotides for hybridization probes
Microtubules of fixed bovine pulmonary artery endothelial cells were visualized with mouse monoclonal anti–α-tubulin antibody, followed by an Alexa Fluor® 350 goat anti–mouse IgG antibody. Next, the F-actin was labeled with Alexa Fluor® 594 phalloidin. Finally, the cells were incubated with Alexa Fluor® 488 wheat germ agglutinin to stain components of endosomal pathways. The superimposed and pseudocolored images were acquired sequentially using bandpass filter sets appropriate for DAPI, Texas Red® dye, and fluorescein, respectively.
Alexa Fluor® 594 reactive dyes
Select dye-labeling chemistries for conjugation with the following reactive groups:
|Amine||Thiol||Aldehyde-, ketone, carboxylate or phosphate||Click reaction|
Alexa Fluor® dye family
Illuminating research for over 15 years
Alexa Fluor® dyes are among the most trusted fluorescent dyes available today. In addition to superior performance, you’ll get a technical support team experienced in problem-solving, >50,000 published references, application and experimental tips, and protocols to help with experimental planning. For an outstanding research experience, choose Alexa Fluor® dyes.
- Learn more about the brightness of Alexa Fluor® dyes
- Learn more about the photostability of Alexa Fluor® dyes
- Read all about Alexa Fluor® dyes in the Molecular Probes® Handbook