- EIA (Equine Infectious Anemia) tested
Horse serum is available in both a heat inactivated and non-heat inactivated format. HI serum is heated for 30 minutes at 56°C while mixing to inactivate the complement.
- 10% horse serum could be used to support an in vitro antibody response to SRBC in place of FBS1
- Used in the production of C2 heterokaryons2
- Primary Neuronal Culture
- Miller Levy, E., The ability of horse serum to support…, Journal of Immunological Methods Volume 36, Issue 2, 27 August 1980, Pages 181-183
- Production of Heterokaryons. Stanford University Protocols.