mRNA for Microarrays
The hybridisation kinetics between mRNA and the Dynabeads® are not only fast and efficient, but also comparable to that of free solution hybridisation. This ensures negligible sample loss.
The many types of arrays/chips commercially available require different quantities of mRNA. With Dynabeads®, the possibility of scaling the isolation protocols allows you to isolate mRNA from any quantity of cells. This approach can therefore be used to prepare the amount of mRNA required for any type of micro- and macroarrays or chips. A few selected examples are; the isolation of mRNA for GeneChips arrays (Affymetrix Inc.) (1,2), for Gene Expression Microarray™ (Incyte Genomics Inc) (3, 4), and for different types of self-spotted arrays (5-11). Dynabeads® can also be applied directly in certain electronic chips or microfludic devices (12).
- Kielman MF. et al. (2002) Apc modulates embryonic stem-cell differentiation by controlling the dosage of b-catenin signaling. Nature Genetics 32(12):594-605.
- Zhang Y. et al. (2001) Reproducible and inexpensive probe preparation for oligonucleotide arrays. Nucleic Acids Res. 29(13):e66.
- FitzPatrick DR. et al. (2002) Transciptome analysis of human autosomal trisomy. Hum. Mol. Genet. 11(26):3249-3256.
- Wykoff CC. et al. (2000) Identification of novel hypoxia-dependent and independent target genes of the von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) tumor suppressor by mRNA differential expression profiling. Oncogene 19:6297-6305.
- Cameron RA. et al.(2000) A sea urchin genome project: Sequence scan, virtual map, and additional resources. PNAS. 97(17):9514-9518.
- Fernandes J. et al. (2002) Comparison of RNA expression profiles based on maize expressed sequence tag frequency analysis and micro-array hybridization. Plant Physiol. 128:896-910.
- Pancer Z. (2000) Dynamic expression of multiple scavenger receptor cystein-rich genes in coelomocytes of the purple sea uchin. PNAS 97(24):13156-13161.
- Salin H. et al. (2002) A novel sensitive microarray approach for differential screening using probes labeled with two different radioelements. Nucleic Acids Res. 30(4):17.
- Skotheim RI. et al. (2002) New insight into testicular germ cell tumorigenesis from gene expression profiling. Cancer Res. 62:2359-2364.
- Sørlie T. et al. (2001) Gene expression patterns of breast carcinomas distinguish tumor subclasses with clinical implications. PNAS 98(19):10869-10874.
- Frohme M. et al. (2000) Use of representational difference analysis and cDNA arrays for transcriptional profiling of tumor tissue. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 910:85-104.
- Fan ZH. et al. (1999) Dynamic DNA hybridization on a chip using paramagnetic beads. Anal. Chem. 71(21):4851-4859.