Mini Blot Module
Complete your western blotting system with the innovative Mini Blot Module that conveniently fits into the chambers of the Mini Gel Tank. The Mini Blot Module is a wet-transfer device that allows you to easily transfer proteins from mini gels to membranes. The tank accommodates one blot module per chamber, or a total of two blot modules with side-by-side layout. This affordable, leak-resistant module requires less transfer buffer than other commercially available transfer systems, and the constant resistance across the blotting electrodes helps ensure uniform field strength for highly efficient western transfers.
Your transfer can be configured with either nitrocellulose or PVDF (polyvinylidene difluoride) membranes for western blotting.
- Learn more about Bolt® Bis-Tris Plus Gels
Bolt® Western Packs
The Bolt® Western Packs provide all of the reagents and buffers you will need to run your western transfer.
Each pack contains:
- 2 Mini Blot Modules
- 125 mL Bolt® Transfer Buffer (20X)
- 15 mL Bolt® Antioxidant
- Blotting membrane/filter paper sandwich, 20/pack
- Nitrocellulose 0.2 µm in Western Pack Cat. No. B1000A
- PVDF 0.2 µm in Western Pack Cat. No. B1000B
Convenient, Reliable Western Transfer
The Mini Blot Module conveniently fits into the Mini Gel Tank and is designed to make your western transfers simple and easy to perform.
- Universal module design—allows modules to fit in either chamber of the tank, simplifying the transfer setup
- Unique gasket seal—helps prevent buffer leakage so there is no mess during setup of your western transfer
- 1/2 inch buffer chamber—requires only half the volume of methanol-based transfer buffer and helps save you money
- Standard 60 min transfer protocol—accelearates your western workflow so you can get results faster
- Robust electrodes, sturdy steel plates—for highly efficient and reliable western transfers
Western Blotting With High-Quality Reagents
For downstream western blot analyses, be sure to use high-quality, high-specificity secondary antibodies to deliver the best-quality western blot. Search our secondary antibodies database for purified antibodies, including goat anti-rabbit and goat anti-mouse polyclonal alkaline phosphatase conjugates.
High-Performance Western Transfer
The Bolt® Bis-Tris Plus electrophoresis and transfer system preserves protein integrity due to its neutral-pH formulation and mild sample preparation conditions, so you can minimize the protein degradation commonly observed with Tris-glycine gels.
- Excellent band quality—attributed to Novex® Bis-Tris Plus chemistry, which is designed to deliver sharp, straight, uniform bands (see figure)
- Greater western sensitivity—optimized for greater western sensitivity with consistency across dilution series
- Superior protein integrity and cleaner blots—western blots from Bolt® gels show strong signals from full-length, undegraded proteins, compared to western blots from Tris-glycine gels that show a greater degree of protein degradation (see figure)
A western blot of a Bolt® gel shows clean, sharp protein signals corresponding to only full-length proteins, whereas a western blot of a Bio-Rad® TGX™ gel shows multiple low molecular weight degradation products. Protein kinases implicated in cancer (IKKB, HCK, EPHB3, MAPK14, FLT1, and DDR2) were analyzed on (A) a Bolt® Bis-Tris Plus gel and (B) a Bio-Rad® TGX™ Tris-glycine gel. Protein samples were prepared for electrophoresis according to each manufacturer’s protocol. The purified kinases (50 ng each) as GST fusion proteins, along with MagicMark™ XP protein standard and purified recombinant GST, were loaded in a Bolt® 4-12% gel and a Bio-Rad® TGX™ 4-20% gel. The samples were separated and transferred to PVDF membranes using the Mini Blot Module for the Bolt® gels or on the Bio-Rad transfer system. Blot detection was performed using an anti-GST antibody and a WesternBreeze® Chemiluminescence Detection Kit. The membranes were then imaged using an LAS-1000 system (FujiFilm) with an exposure time of 1 minute.
Mini Blot Module Videos
|Bolt® Western Pack A (Nitrocellulose)—contains:||Bolt® Western Pack B (PVDF)—contains:|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.