Nitrocellulose membrane is a high quality membrane ideal for blotting of proteins and nucleic acids. The major features of the nitrocellulose membrane available from Invitrogen include:
- Composed of 100% pure nitrocellulose to provide high-quality transfer
- Contains no support fabric or detergents
- Compatible with commonly used transfer conditions and detection methods such as staining, immunodetection, fluorescence, or radiolabeling
- Provides high-sensitivity with low background
- Supplied in a pre-cut, pre-assembled membrane/filter paper sandwich for convenience
Stripping and reprobing of nitrocellulose membranes is not recommended. For experiments requiring re-use please see our PVDF membranes.